1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Happy Fathers Day

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hostile, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,117 Messages
    3,147 Likes Received
    To all the Dads on the Zone and to all of your Dads.
  2. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You too.

We have our differences but I'll be going over to my Dad's after lunch and giving him the "Facing Ali" DVD I bought him. He's a big Ali fan.
  3. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And a very HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to you Hos!

I'm heading to my daughter's house later today to hang out with the grandkids. Life is good! :starspin
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    Happy Father's day to all.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    God bless all those that stepped up and are great dads. I had my son when I was very young. The rewards far out way anything else. My daughter will be two in September. 12 years between the two. To all the dads, keep up the great work. It will come back to you ten fold down the road of life.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
  7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Any idiot with a reproductive organ can have a child, but it takes a real man to be a father.

Thats why I got my Romo autograph for my dad. Been bleeding blue since I've been ****ting yellow.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Happy Father's day to my Dad and all the others Dad's. This is the only day I regret not having any.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kudos to all you dads.

[IMG]
  10. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great pic! You are truly amazing at finding the appropriate picture. :bow:
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thank you ;)

[IMG]
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    This Father's Day, renew your commitment to your kids

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2010 1:08 PM ET
    [IMG]

In some respects, Father's Day is about dad getting a new tie and/or a funny card about gas and/or baldness and/or a couple of hours of peace and/or quiet.

But it's also a day when all fathers should assess whether and to what extent they're fulfilling their obligations to their children.

Former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy has a prominent role in the All Pro Dad organization, and Dungy and the group recently were featured in a very inspirational segment on the Today show. All Pro Dad provides via its website great advice for fathers, and my personal favorite comes from the 10 ways to be an All Pro Dad. The list appears below; the All Pro Dad website contains a paragraph of explanation and guidance as to each one.

1. Love Your Wife.

2. Spend Times With Your Kids.

3. Be a Role Model.

4. Understand Your Children.

5. Show Affection.

6. Enjoy Your Children.

7. Eat Together as a Family.

8. Discipline with a Gentle Spirit.

9. Pray and Worship Together.

10. Realize You're a Father Forever.

That last one should cause a small tear (or at a minimum repeated blinking) for every father in the crowd: "[A] good father realizes that as he allows his children their freedom to direct their own lives, he doesn't abandon them at a dorm room, a wedding altar, or the door of their first job. He continues to encourage, coach and convey his wisdom to his children forever."

So have a great Father's Day. And spend plenty of quality time with your children, today and always.

Yesterday, Florio Jr. and I ran a two-mile race together. Even though I managed to convince him that it would be good training for football, he complained for most of the 19-plus minutes that we needed to cover the distance. Still, I loved every second of it.

Especially since my toupee didn't blow off.
  13. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Happy Fathers Day to my daddy who I love to bunches.

Also, do all the Fathers out there, have a wonderful day. You are appreciated too.
  14. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,439 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Happy Father's Day dads!

This year I received a "World's Greatest Dad" Cowboys T-shirt (they were sold at the Cowboys website). It's pretty cool (not corny looking). My wife has it easy when it comes to shopping for me. Something Cowboys or music-related and I'm happy.

Enjoy the day everyone!
  15. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Thanks...and the same to all the other zoner dads!!
  16. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How's Dexter doing?