1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Harry Reid: Bush Is Kind of a "*****" Like His Mother

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, May 28, 2009.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    You stay classy, Harry...
    Link

Harry Reid: Bush Is Kind of a "*****" Like His Mother

Mark Hemingway reads Harry Reid's memoir The Good Fight, so you don't have to:
    Released a year ago, the book got one glowing review: from his hometown paper. Every other major media outlet has been standoffish. Take this blurb from the Washington Post, proudly emblazoned on the back of the paperback edition: “Recounts fights with everyone from classmates to the man who would eventually become his father-in-law, preparing him for a senatorial life of battling the Bush White House and Republican filibusters.” Beware the value-neutral blurb: In fact, the Post never reviewed the book — the quote comes from a gossip column published a month before the book’s release. One of the most powerful men in Washington published a book, and the entire journalistic establishment’s reaction seems to have been, “If you can’t say something nice . . . ”
    Of course, Reid doesn’t always have nice things to say himself. While no one expects Reid to praise George W. Bush, the degree to which he is judgmental and catty regarding the former president pretty much speaks for itself. Three pages in, after lamely trying to establish his bipartisan bona fides by talking up George H. W. Bush, Reid shares this charming anecdote about his early days in the Senate: “[Former Texas senator and vice-presidential candidate Lloyd] Bentsen went on and on effusively about what a quality man President-elect [H. W.] Bush was. Then he paused and said, ‘But watch out for his wife; she’s a *****.’ I have never had anything against Mrs. Bush, but guided by Bentsen’s crude advice, I’ve always said that our forty-third president is more his mother than his dad.”
    Read the rest of Hemgingway's review of Reid's "300-page patchwork of pointless political score-settling" here.
  2. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kind of shows you who the ***** really is.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I guess read means a person with a backbone which is something foreign to Reid
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,626 Messages
    2,457 Likes Received
    Reid is a classic career politician since he was 28 years old and out of law school. These are the worst types to allow to wallow in DC....regardless of party obviously.
    Oh yeah, and I can't even imagine how much of a-whooping Bush would put on Reid one on one.

:fight: :spanking:
  5. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dislike Harry Reid more than any other politician.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I have him neck and neck with House Speaker Face Lift.
    Two of the nations worst.
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have to agree.
  8. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,841 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Which Bush would put the whooping on Reid??? My moneys on Barb!
  9. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to stomach her as well.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,283 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Whatever happened to classy, intelligent Democratic leadership such as Tip O'Neill?

He and Reagan had disagreements -- often vociferous and heated -- but they were always respectful and amicable towards each other.
  11. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    reality t.v....:confused:

:D
  12. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,283 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Are you saying that the media scrutiny is simply more intense now and, in reality, the level of animosity and caginess is no greater than it ever was?

That seems reasonable.
  13. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :eek: Just when I thought you and I would never agree on anything. :eek:
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Replaced with Tipper Gore.

I like ole Tip O'Neill myself.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I worked with Tip O'Neill once and he was a really great guy...

He understood that politics wasn't personal. He had many good stories about his affection for Reagan in that they were both Irish and genuinely wanted what was best for the country but had SOME different views, but not a whole lot. They had great mutual respect. Speaker O'Neill called him "Dutch"...

He was a National Treasure... as was Reagan...

I also worked with the SS during the RNC that worked on the Clinton bus tour. They said Tipper is a real nice lady, Al was nice but "out there", Clinton was cool but a babe hound and Hillary was insufferable...
  16. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Me too.

Him and Barbara Boxer and Nany Pelosi top the list for me.

This is the guy that said, in 2005 "This war is lost!"....That was traitorous in my eyes.
  17. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The guy I can't stand is Barney Franks. The guy needs to take out those marbles out of his mouth before he speaks. Followed closely are Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Carolyn McCarthy.