1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

has anyone seen Burfict

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by drawnstripes, Nov 25, 2011.

1. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    actually make a difference in a game

seen him tackle some body

I watch three games now I would not even draft him

an he look way over weight sorry that not #250 he is at

nothing like Ray Lewis
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    Watching cal game....5tackles....2personal fouls. Looks fat and slow. No way would Garrett put him on his team.
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I have similiar thoughts about him.

Living on the west coast, I've been able to see quite a few of his games and have been left entirely unimpressed by him. What strikes me most is his lack of effort in general.

I wouldn't consider touching him with anything higher than a 4th round pick. I think his stock is going to plummet after he tests out at the combine.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,084 Messages
    3,062 Likes Received
    I liked him last year for sure. He was everywhere.

Very disappointing this year in the few times I have watched. He can be very streaky. But he does seem to be a step slow way too often this year.
  5. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't see it in him but there is a guy from BC that wears the # 40... now that guy is a heck of a linebacker
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,084 Messages
    3,062 Likes Received
    Is that Kuechly (sp?)?
  7. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yeah that guy...he is friggin awesome

I couldn't even imagine what an awesome tandem him and lee would be
  8. cbow44

cbow44 Member

596 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    the guy I want, and I think we can get him later in the draft. Emmanuel Acho from texas. about 240lbs, smart, a film room junkie and a all around good guy from what I hear. (a Garrett kind of guy)
  9. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Acho is more 4-3 ISL

look at Messina - look at his youtube

[youtube]dJy6VbUV9iY[/youtube]

Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
    Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

11/18/11: Messina has been one of the most productive linebackers in the nation. He has 110 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, one interception, three sacks and one forced fumble.

8/25/11: Carmen Messina is a technically-sound tackler who has been very productive the past two seasons. He had 115 tackles and six tackles for a loss in 2010. A year earlier, Messina had 162 tackles to lead the nation. He is a smart and instinctive football player. If he continues to add weight while maintaining his production, he should be a mid-round pick who could have starting potential after being developed as a backup for a couple of seasons.

or this guy I have not checked him out yet

James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 240.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
    Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

11/18/11: Johnson has totaled 71 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss and one forced fumble.

8/25/11: James-Michael Johnson was an All-WAC performer in 2010, when he totaled 88 tackles with eight tackles for a loss and 2.5 sacks. A year earlier, he had 58 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss. Johnson is a quality college player who could be a good developmental linebacker in the NFL.
  10. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I really like Donta Hightower from Alabama. He's not the most athletic LB in the draft, but he can play ILB or OLB. He is the playcaller and leader of the Alabama 3-4 and I think he would continue to flourish under Rob Ryan.