1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has Dallas Gotten Any Better?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Dec 4, 2012.

1. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    You know how it goes. Look no further than the Giants who turned it on late in the season to make the playoffs, to win the Super Bowl. I'm trying to take a step back and see if I can find some positives about this team. I can. Murray is playing great, we have one of the best quarterbacks in the league in Romo, Dez Bryant is really coming on, Jason Witten is a beast amongst boys, the secondary looks outstanding (minus a few INT drops), our LBs are stepping up in place of the injured and guys like Dwayne Harris and Beasley are coming along like we'd hoped. Spencer is playing well, we know what Ware can do, etc.

Can we do what the Giants did not too long ago?

It's a simple question. Even with our green coach, do you think we've gotten good enough to make a solid run for the playoffs? I'm not asking how well you think we'll do in the playoffs. I'm asking how much better we are. Also, I'm not a Garrett fan, but I do hope he has learned from his mistakes.

In your opinion, how much better have we gotten in spite of not having great leadership from the top?
  2. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    No chance we make a run with this OL, lack of pass rush and injuries to both ILB'S. The Giants have a solid OL and can put pressure on the passer.

RG3 is going to run wild on this bunch the last game of the year. With Lee and Carter we had a chance to slow him down along with the running game. Not now.
  3. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    We're a different team with Murray, and Tony is playing lights out the last 5 or 6 games, he gives us a chance.

We have injuries on the Defense but we still have one of the best pass rushers in history and Spencer is playing great. The secondary is solid.

One good thing I can say about this team, I never feel they are out of a game no matter what the score, they fight till the end, I love that. I really think that's on Tony, he just puts the team on his shoulders when the chips are down.

As for Garrett, I'm not a fan either but you can always hope he turns the corner.
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,329 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    Too many injuries on D to be serious contenders
  5. yentl911

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Overall defensively we are better than last year. But our OL is worse - at least they are playing worse than the bunch we had last year. This group is horrible. That is being nice.
  6. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Then I guess Washington is out also?
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Nah, but it's nice to have Murray back.

Everytime we win a game though, people are so desperate for a turnaround that they see them everywhere.

We needed 38 pts to beat a team playing a rookie QB, missing one of the leagues best running backs and their most explosive receiver.

If that doesn't give people perspective, nothing will.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :muttley:

On a side note, we should have beaten Washington.
  9. yentl911

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Really? It sure looked like they came into our house on Turkey Day more prepared to play and kicked our ***. We were lucky to even be as close as we were at the end. Our D had No answer for them all day and we are less healthy now.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Honestly, I didn't see it that way. I saw some things, but I didn't see them come in kick our tails. I saw them beat us and win, which in my opinion is different. We had a bad game plan. But their players didn't really come in and beat up our players the whole game. We had a few tough breaks which gave them an early lead too.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    I'm going to say that it's hard to tell because of who we are playing. The offense did look better, AFTER, we were down by 2 scores. There were less false start penalties, I thought.

I thought the offensive line was average as usual. I thought Romo looked sharp for the most part, but again, we are playing the scum of the league so I will know better after the next 2 or 3 games.
  12. yentl911

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    We watched two different games. Our D missed simple coverage assignments and they were running the ball down our throats. We had no answer for their attack. They had more intensity and the game was really over by the middle of the 2nd quarter. That was an *** kicking any way you look at it. Any time you give up four TDs in one quarter and they were all offensive scores that is getting your *** kicked where I come from.
  13. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,648 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Nope, we are one or two seasons from being legit! :( :eek:
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,591 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    with this O line and the injuries on D we are going nowhere
  15. yentl911

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    :hammer:
    Bingo! One more reason to play Parnell and Arkin, see what we have when they are in the line of fire. This team is going to get beat handily by Cincy this weekend. Bank on it. Man that hurts like hell to say but it is the truth.
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    If the defense was healthy it would be top 5. The offense makes too many mistakes.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Getting your arse kicked to me is losing by 2 or more scores. We got out-coached, we didn't get our arses kicked.
  18. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,695 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    had we not lost Carter in the middle here recently, i would say yes, OL and Safeties are a concern.
  19. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I agree with that with the current OL and the injuries on defense, the chances are slim.

The only real chance this team has is to get off to a sizzling start in the remaining games, which is not a strong point of this team or coaching staff. The offense needs to score touchdowns early and often, and make the other team play outside of their game plan.

If we continue with the same crappy game plan of falling behind early and having to to play catch up and defend a strong running game, we have no chance.

Realistically, Garrett is too stubborn, and arrogant to stray from his crappy game plan until its too late to control the game.
  20. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,817 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    My expectations at this point are low, but stranger things have happened...I think.