1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    In the history of the NFL? I am actually curious. 9 million for that and 14 next year. I was seriously thinking back Ive never seen the likes of it. If any of us failed to that degree we would be fired from any job.
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,937 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    If Romo is un clutch...so is Ware....

Let's not pass blame to just 1 guy.

If Ware does his job consistently....then Romo get's more chances.

It's a team game. Romo has carried us so many times.

Golden boy Ware, always get's a pass.
  3. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,241 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Tony Romo- Mr. Unclutch. Has a ring to it, ironically.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,253 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    Not in recent history.

Up to this year I believe it was basically just bad luck, coincidence, lack of alignment in the stars, etc

Not sure what to believe about Romo any more.

I know this -- when the game is on the line and it's for all the marbles, deep down I am pretty much waiting/expecting for Romo to make a bone-headed play -- and he has rarely failed not to do so.

I'm not saying that he didn't make a million great / amazing plays up that point -- he did, he does, he will continue to do so...

I am really starting to buy into the Romo as Favre-lite argument frankly.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    No but he is the Stat King!
  6. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Any NFL historians know? I think the problem with him is mental and it will never change. It is what it is. He is a good guy. He cannot play well when it matters. His career was defined by a drop of a football. It never changed.
  7. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I agree. Ware was a ghost lately. But seriously?? Too this magnitude? How many times do people and an orginization need to be burned by this Romo character?
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,228 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    I'd say Favre and Payton have had some doozies but they also won their titles.
  9. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,500 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Has there ever been a QB with so little of a supporting cast around him?

I think that's the better question.
  10. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Danny white
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I was officially done when Romo was out there with his head down and RG3 was the one patting him on the back and consoling him after the game. Wonder what kind of advice he gave to Romo.
  12. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Turnover Tony does what he always does in the big game...no news here. He has done this his whole career and so many people make excuses for it. The Cowboys will never win anything with Turnover Tony as QB. I don't understand why the backup was not used last night as Tony continued to make bad decision after bad decision.

Dallas needs to continue the youth movement -- the offensive line needs to be a focus of next years draft. And we need to draft a good young QB very very soon.
  13. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,253 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    13 Pro-Bowlers in 2007.

Basically 3 1000 yard reciever types this year on offense including a HoF TE and a top 5 WR.

Pretty good running back. Former 1st round pick RB behind him.

You act like the cupboard is bare.
  14. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Dude I know that has been an issue but the reverse has also been said. Its always an excuse. That game was lost from turnovers and Romo made them. That last throw cememnted his legacy. Its like he does it on purpose.
  15. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,414 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    but, but, he is better than Eli, so i read here...

:rolleyes:
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Danny WHite got this team way further than Romo and he wasnt prone to that choketitude lol
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Maybe he is getting paid to throw games? :p: I know thats absurd but how can someone do it soooo many times with such extreme magnitude??
  18. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,090 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Archie Manning. And how many playoff games did he win? Even the so called clutch QBs need help. Look at Big Ben. He had the number one defense but his running game and pass blocking failed and no playoffs. Same with Eli this year.
  19. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    You guys are idiots. Where were you idiots when romo carried this team on his back to get this team to even be in this situation?

He was so not clutch vs NO, Pitt, Cincy, Cleveland, etc.
  20. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    He's not unclutch. He plays exactly as well as most NFL QBs do in road do or die games. Troy sucked in them, Danny White sucked in them, Marino sucked in them, Young sucked in them, Brady sucks in them.

If the best the Cowboys can do every year is a road game against a division rival who is also desperate to win, they are NEVER going to break through. Knee jerk fans totally underestimate how hard these types of games are to win. Your hero Troy Aikman had 5TDs and 9INTS in them. It's HARD to win on the road.