1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,792 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Ware is only getting a pass because he's not healthy. It's been obvious for weeks he's not himself. He shouldn't have even been out there on Sunday and probably wouldn't have been had the Cowboys season not been on the line. Granted other than the NO game in 09 he doesn't seem to come up big in these do or die games however he has had 5.5 sacks in the 7 win or go home games.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Of course it is, White fumbled the ball away with a chance to win in SF, Romo does that he is ripped to no end.

Of course, judging by your log in name, you think White was great.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    the fumble in SF?
  4. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    Is it even possible for RGIII to make a mistake in that Mickey Mouse offense they run? He either hands it off, runs, or makes the throw for what appears at many times to be the only route the play is designed for. Seems like he would almost have to want to throw an interception. I suppose he could fumble, but it looks like he has the slide down pat.
  5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,308 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    And so we go with Hatcher, Lissemore, and Crawford on the DL next year? Knowing Spears won't be back and fans want Ratliff gone too. As bad as our OL has been, that is way more brutal and needs major upgrades in the draft.
  6. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    No.
    Danny.
    No.
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    but he lost the games that counted.

What about his loss in Miami in 1984 when a win would have put us in the playoffs?
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    You mean like Alfred Morris on Sunday?

You must be forgetting White's fumble to end the 49ers game. What would the reaction be if Romo did that? How was that different from the fumbled snap or the last INT?
  9. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,395 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Who knows? Maybe he had some kind of psychological breakdown in the first quarter, then recovered from it to bring the team back to within 3 points, then "cracked" again because he didn't anticipate Jackson dropping into coverage in the 4th quarter.

Nothing wrong with pop psychology, but when you have a top 10 rated passer for 6 straight seasons and little playoff success, history says you have to fix what's happening with the rest of the team.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    well said
  11. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    Fair enough. You have made some good points. Thanks for the explanation.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    He lost the Ravens game with 200 yard+ rushing.#justsaying
  13. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Romo will never succeed until he is reigned in big time. He forces the issue still all these years later. I will say giving him a nice line and a wicked running game maybe he can limit his boneheadedness. IDK. He isnt Brady where he can throw 40 times a game and win. I think its time to part ways but I know it wont happen. He cant be the "superstar" we need a RB to be that. Demarco and I would also grab another solid RB late in the draft. Look at Minny and Washington.Make Romo a busdriver and it may work. I just dont think he can be handled.
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I forgot, what was the score of the game again?

Romo 30 Ravens 34? :laugh2:
  15. Gameover

2,929 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Didn't know defense was included in this.Jerry Jones can't control injuries.

No OL is a myth.It's an excuse to those in denial about the suckitude of this quarterback.

I've said it since July.The interceptions don't bother me, Tony Romo is incapable of leading a high scoring offense.That is what ticks me off with him.

Adamjt13, check this stat:Over the past five seasons, what is the Cowboys first half scoring average?I bet it's at the bottom of the league.This QB is the reason for it.Everyone wants to praise his fourth quarter brilliance, what about his first half ineptitude?

We wouldn't have had a chance with out his great play the last eight games!What about the the seven games when he was stinking out the joint?And the offensive line was actually playing well!
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Romo drove us into FG range for the win and we missed it....which is rare for Bailey.
    29-31 Ravens.
  17. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    You have it a little mixed up:

The COWBOYS will never succeed until they can rely on other aspects of the team to help them win games. Romo having to be a world beater EVERY game, EVERY year is a recipe for mediocrity. That rings true for just about any QB. The Cowboys need to be able to win games when Romo doesnt play well. If Romo has to do everything, than simple minded fools who cant see the forest through the trees will always use dumbed down logic by blaming the ills of a team on the QB.

I guess Brees has become a choker and is over the hill. Last time I checked, they were out of the playoff race 3 weeks ago. At least Romo had them in the hunt up until week 17. If I was to use dumbed down logic.
  18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I think that was before Garrett discovered the play action pass. LOL
  19. Gameover

2,929 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    I told you your QB sucked in July, he proved me right when you needed him the most.#troll
  20. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    The Oline is awesome. LOL

With Garrett coming up with the offensive gameplans and leading this offense, I would think it would be next to horrible.