1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,958 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    That Washington game was not a do or die and it was it the last game of the season. You just FAILED EPICALLY...

You should not comment on what you do not know. It makes you look sad...
  2. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,443 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    31st in rushing yards; tied for 30th in rushing yds/att; 16th in sacks allowed despite having one of the most elusive qbs in the sport.

You sure you want to stick with this?
  3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    never said it was awesome.it was good enough to win 10-12 games with a professional quarterback(orton).

Garrett's offense averaged 31.2ppg when he took over for Wade Phillips with John Kitna at quarterbck.We've seen the Garrett offense work, we haven't seen it work with Romo since 2007.
  4. DWhite Fan

4,958 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    The same as has been, just like Roger losing two SB to the Steelers. By your logic, I guess Roger just wasn't "clutch":rolleyes:
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,141 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    When they threw 40 times in a game this year...

Brady 204 333 2,253 10 8 81.3 W3 L4
    Romo 243 385 2,764 15 13 83.5 W3 L5
  6. DWhite Fan

4,958 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    He was and you FAILED :rolleyes:

You are the one ripping Romo and White. I am defending Danny to individuals like you who never saw him play.

And Danny's fumble NEVER happens if Everson Walls could have covered the slowest 49er on the field, Dwight Clark. Or, if Drew Pearson was just atick faster...

:starspin
  7. Gameover

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Rodgers was sacked 51 times, wouldn't you say he's even a little more elusive than Tony Romo?

I said the line wasn't the reason this team failed this season.They weren't.

They're a solid group.Would I like to see an upgrade? Yes!

I believe the run blocking would be improved, if teams actually feared the QB could lead the team on sustained drives.
  8. coogrfan

1,443 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    No, I wouldn't. More athletic? Absolutely. But there is no one in the sport better at avoiding the rush than Tony Romo.

The OL was by far our weakest unit this season, to argue otherwise is absurd.

This must be some strange new use of the word "solid" I wasn't previously aware of.
  9. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

243 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Amazing how most folks forget on how that game ended. You need to be into NFL game history or to have been around at the time. That Drew Pearson catch was in the Cowboys playbook for years as one of their "Money Plays". I can't count how many times I've seen Drew catch that deep crossing pattern in stride and take it all the way. Still with as many turnovers Dallas got in that game they should have won it. Credit the Niners D for getting a good push up the middle to create the fumble.
  10. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,388 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Those things never happened. Neither did multiple clutch moments last year or in '09. Only Romo's bad moments have happened. Didn't you get the memo?
  11. DWhite Fan

4,958 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I give Montana and Clark complete credit for "The Catch." Montana gave Clark plenty of time to work his way open by fading towards the sideline and Clark make a splendid fingers catch on the pass. I hate the play, but it was executed perfectly. I remember when drew caught Danny pass two Niners backs kinda bumped into each other. I yelled "He's gone!" LOL! Wrong! A finger was all that stop Pearson from scoring or at least getting into field goal range. I think Drew only need maybe two more strides to have do that.
    Plays like that are what make the NFL great. Shame people don't take the time to learn about the history of the game. It make it all the more interesting :D
  12. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

243 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    You know whats so strange looking back at that play. These days Eric Wright would have been flagged for a horse collar tackle..LOL!!
  13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I guess you must just sit there with a really dumb look on your face the last few years as the entire NFL and cowboy fan base have been laughing at Garretts capabilities at running an offense.

"Duh, what is everyone talking about when they ask Garrett is he is going to hand over the play calling duties to someone else."

"duh, da da da da da dont they know that Garrett went to Princeton and he is a ga ga ga genius"? LOL

Maybe we should sign Kitna again. bwaaaaa!!!!!
  14. Gameover

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Too bad he couldn't use that great ability to avoid that last rusher Sunday Night
  15. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    You have to be the most clueless poster on here.

"they are a solid group" Bwaaaaaa!!!!!

The Oline is 100% one of the biggest reasons this team went 8-8. It is without question one of the worst units in all the NFL. That is FACT.
  16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received

Dont make me laugh. Wilson, RG3, Rogers, Newton, to name a few are better than Romo at avoiding the rush.
  17. Gameover

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Sean Payton once had his playcalling duties stripped from him.And the Giants offense exploded after it happened.

There were many on the message boards who felt underwhelmed when Bill Parcells made Payton his first hire.I loved the hire!I believe Jason Garrett could be on the Payton/Gruden level, if he had a professional quarterback.

31.2 ppg w/ Kitna @ QB!
  18. Gameover

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Shouldn't you be telling this to the other guy?
  19. DWhite Fan

4,958 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: Do you have any idea how many sacks Tony's ability helped him avoid this season? Did you even watch the early games this year?

But, by all means, carry on with you lame Romo bashing...
  20. coogrfan

1,443 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    All of those guys are better pure runners, but that's not what we're talking about. Avoiding the rush means buying time until a receiver works his way open. Of the players you named only Rodgers is even remotely in Romo's class.