1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Not elimination games under the bright lights....wake up
  2. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    The Romo homers are just as guilty as us Romo haters. When the Cowboys win and Romo plays well, it's all glory to Romo...ignoring the fact that the OLine gave him time, his receivers made some nice catches, Garrett called some good plays, etc.

When the Cowboys lose and Romo chokes, it's poor Romo, he needs more help, he's surrounded by bums, Garrett can't call plays, etc.
  3. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,601 Messages
    777 Likes Received
    Danny White was 0-4 and sucked horribly in these types of game. Try again.
  4. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    He also got us a lot of playoff wins and those were elimination games
  5. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Payton is an example of a guy that has definitely not played well in big games. But he finally got such a good supporting cast around him the defense/Running game really stepped up to get him a SB. Now nobody talks about it.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    The only athlete as unclutch as Romo would be Vince Carter.

You can literally see both guys shrink before your eyes in big situations.

It's not even the turnovers, It's the petrified look and walk with both of them.
  7. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,632 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Amen!! This board is full of'em.
  8. RoyWilliams

RoyWilliams Member

83 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's really amazing is the complete melt down in these big games. I can't thing of any other player in any sport that has blown up like this on such a consistent basis. Only thing comparable is John Starks in NBA finals X 3.
  9. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,601 Messages
    777 Likes Received
    He never won a road one and that is what almost all of Tony's have been. Romo is 0-5 and White was 0-4. Most successful playoff QBs records (like Troy) are padded by home wins when they are playing an inferior lower seed. Romo has not had those games. Steve Young played something like 19 playoff games and only 3 were on the road. He lost them all.
  10. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

980 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I have always defended Romo but after last night I will just nod and listen when people bash him. The dude threw 3 picks and if the Redskins could catch he would have thrown 5 or 6. People keep saying if not for Romo we would be in real trouble and I just don't buy that. I would love to see what Orton could have done with this team. That's right KYLE ORTON. I would bet money that Orton could have got us to .500 this year. As dynamic as Romo is, when he has been replaced due to injury, for some reason the team played better. I say we draft someone like Tyler Wilson and move on. What is our record in Dallas since Romo took over? I have been guilty of making excuses for him but there comes a time when you realize that everyone can't be wrong about the guy...:bang2:
  11. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,683 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    If he didnt choke away games earlier this season (like against the Seahawks and Bears) he would get a chance to host a playoff game. Didn't Rodgers win the Super Bowl as the 6 seed? Wouldn't that make ALL his playoff games road games? Didn't Big Ben win it as a 6 seed? Stop making excuses. You can't nit pick stats. Elite QBs win games on the road. And you act like Romo has been super clutch at home. He got the majority of his wins on the road this year. You weren't making the "but to win on the road is so hard" argument then.
  12. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,344 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Let's be fair: Danny White had a much better team around him than Tony has.
  13. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,934 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Don't even try :rolleyes: You have no clue about what you just posted...
  14. DWhite Fan

4,934 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    FAIL :rolleyes: Ask Atlanta how much he failed. You pulled that 0-4 stat out your rear end and it proves you are clueless...
  15. DWhite Fan

4,934 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Danny also faced stronger teams and more HOF QBs than Romo has...
  16. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,330 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    All I do know is, if we lock this guy up to a long term deal, we're done. Romo will be 33 next year and his issues are not going to get any better. At the very least we have to give him some compitition, and tell him his job is on the line.
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    14 million!!!!! folks. 14!!!!
  18. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,300 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    white lead them to 3 championship games. Not sure that counts as a choke because he needed to get thru few playoff games to get to championship game.

I honestly can't find anyone who has been to more elimination games and not moved on. I will have to run a query.
  19. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    So, would Dallas have won last night if Orton would have played instead of Turnover Tony Romo?
  20. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,300 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    same results at fraction of the cost.