1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,534 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    Your argument is stupid because a regular season game is not the same as an elimination game. Which is why quarterbacks play so much more poorly in them, with the strange exception of Mark Sanchez. It's also stupid because Romo is not a starting pitcher, but that's another topic.

I'm putting my faith in Romo until he directly contributes to the losing of a "clutch" game that a reasonable person would have them favored to win. These last four ain't it.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,068 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    If Romo had fumbled against the 49ers, he would be ripped. Not like White was ripped that way.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,068 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    who cares, he never won his last game of the season!
  4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,395 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    :bow:
  5. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,652 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Wrong :rolleyes:

:blind:
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    As I've stated I'm done defending Romo... He's a choke artist on the big stage. I wanted to see him win big time games as a Cowboy but it's not in his makeup.
  7. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,923 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Why restrict your assessment to games where we were not favored? Yesterday's game was winnable. We had the ball with 3+ minutes on the clock and could have gone ahead with a TD.
  8. DWhite Fan

4,652 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Thank you. The knuckle heads have no clue what they are saying. Just repeating what ESPN spoon feeds them...
  9. DWhite Fan

4,652 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Not even close :starspin
  10. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,429 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    I've watched every single game this season. Romo has been playing great the second half of the season. Even in the earlier games this season when his early mistakes (like against Seattle and Chicago) put Dallas in a hole, Romo became elite later in the game and gave the Cowboys a chance to make the game closer. In last night's game against Washington, not only did first half mistakes make Dallas useless in the first half, but when Dallas had a chance late in the game to tie or take the lead, the boneheaded Romo from earlier in the game emerged his head again. Last night was the only game of this season where Romo made mistakes early in the game and then topped it off when a mistake late in the game. And it happened to be practically a playoff game. I don't care about at home or on the road. I care about the level of importance of the game. This was the most important game of the season and it happened to be Romo's biggest boneheaded game. It's no longer a coincidence. How many more times does it have to happen before people realize it's no longer a coincidence?
  11. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Priceless.

Stupidity = doing the same stupid thing over and over again and expecting a different result. To Cowboy Ownership & Management -- Come On Man!!!!
  12. fifaguy

3,923 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Agree. As mentioned by another poster, "we now have enough data points..."
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,917 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    has there been anyone on this board so obsessed with Romo as you?
  14. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Can you point out any of those play off games we lost with White as being his fault on something he did? I like Romo, I like White. Romo has failed in the clutch more than once. I don't re-call White doing anything like that.
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    That roughing the passer on Hatcher sealed our fate. If not for that, we probably get the ball back with a 6 point deficit and a couple minutes left. I'm sure you already knew that, though.
  16. JimboWHO

JimboWHO Benched

24 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, you know who doesn't suck but in fact thrives in road playoff games?

Eli - the guy some of you clowns compare Romo to.

Please.

JJM
  17. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,429 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    I agree. We would've been down 6 with no timeouts and about 1:45 to score a touchdown. However, that scenario is a lot more difficult than the scenario Romo blew by throwing his 3rd pick. In that scenario, we were only down by 3 and had about 4 minutes left and all our timeouts.
  18. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Maybe he will be golfing with Romo this year
  19. fifaguy

3,923 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Both were big mistakes. We'll never know how Romo would have fared if Hatcher hadn't smacked Griffin, but we do know that that Romo blew the chance that he had to put us back in the driver's seat.
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    In that case, I'll be sure and watch Eli in those road playoff games in the coming weeks.

:rolleyes: