1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Has there ever been a QB as unclutch?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 31, 2012.

1. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Like Eli and his 3 game lead at the halfway point of the season?
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,574 Messages
    1,839 Likes Received
    Funny how the e-Lie lovers who hate Romo dont view pissing away a huge division lead as a choke. :banghead: :bang2:

Yet they are the first ones to cry about stats and facts. :lmao2:
  3. Shotgun Dave

Shotgun Dave Well-Known Member

1,440 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I guess your grief over not winning the game has blinded you to the stats that are unequivocal evidence that Tony has been CAPTAIN CLUTCH in the 4th quarter this year?
  4. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,336 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Danny White biggest problem is he followed Staubach, and White's Cowboys team were in the decline and BIGTIME. I don't know if you were there watching but for you too say he choked and lost 0-4 tells me you dont know the Cowboys as well as you think you do
  5. Asklesko

Asklesko Active Member

1,064 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    What are you talking about? Ware made the play at the end to give Romo another shot, but Romo threw an interception and screwed everything up. The fault is all Romo's.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Last night confirmed that Romo is just not that good of a QB. Nothing else to be said about it.

I just don't know why I let this fool suck me in again only to break my heart with a INT.

It won't happen again
  7. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    That was Spencer, actually, unless you're giving Ware credit for the initial pressure/push that allowed Spencer to sack RG3 on 3rd and 8.
  8. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,379 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    That's a TD-to-turnover differential of -6.

Add to that, in those same 5 games, our defense has also gone 0-5, allowing the opposing QB to score 13 TD and forcing 2 turnovers.

-11. Almost twice as bad as Romo in those games.

Talk about a losing combination.
  9. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    He's fool's gold. At times he looks like he could be a great qb...for example...the second half of the Saints game. Then when you want to believe again, he show's you what he really is.
  10. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    White was 5-4 in playoff games, all of which were "win or go home" games.
  11. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gemini Dolly?
  12. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,843 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    I'll say it again;

"Clutch" and "choke" are made up terms used by lazy people who can't understand why and how things happen on the field.
  13. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,579 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Hi SDCowboy called.
  14. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,297 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    He had a bad game where I thought he would really be good. He didn't come through. It's extremely disappointing but he's just not going anywhere and as a passionate fan (obviously you are) you just have to be onboard with the team and hope we breakthrough. I've been here before, hating Craig Morton but wanting the team to win so badly I put up with him. I don't feel like that with Romo but you and many others do -- I get it.

I've got no problems with Romo having to prove you or anybody else wrong but please don't let the player poison the passion for the team and hope that they can break through with Romo.
  15. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    He was 1-4 in road elimination games, which is all Romo seems to get to play. I already admitted that I forgot the Falcons Divisional game that he won at Fulton.
  16. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Still wrong, because Danny and Dallas pounded Tampa Bay in Dallas in 1982 do or die game, they beat the Rams in L.A. in the wildcard round in 1980, and I can go on.

Give it up already! You blew it on White :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
  17. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,700 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    If you keep going on and on, do you get more and more wrong with each time? The Rams game was a home game... 34-13 at Texas Stadium. Can anyone confirm the do or die game with the Bucs in 1982? I don't see it.

Edit: I see it. It was a home game. My assertion stands, 1-4.
  18. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    6 years! Thats sad!
  19. DWhite Fan

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    You full of crap! Road or home doesn't matter. Still elimination game. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
  20. DWhite Fan

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    It is hard to win on the road yes, but an elimination game is an elimination game. Tampa Bay was at home. The idea of winning during the season is to not have to be on the road. Elimination games are elimination games no matter where they are played...