1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Hatcher has signed with Wash *4years $27.5 million*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by kjcmeb, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

7,223 Messages
    2,160 Likes Received
    In the infamous words of "The Great One" .... I hope He fails!!!:rolleyes:
  2. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

13,140 Messages
    2,447 Likes Received
    When Gurode was playing I was reviewing each game. He was good for 2-4 HORRIFIC games a year. Inexplicably bad. Many times he would be run blocking when everybody else was pass blocking because...it was a passing play. And the center doesn't even know what the play call is. Or the times he would run upfield on the freeze draw when you're specifically not supposed to do that. Then there was the horrible shotgun snaps. When he was on, he could be incredibly effective, unless you had a team running a lot of stunts up the A-gap, he struggled to figure those out. It's tough having a center who was good for about 3 awful games a year since he touches the football every play. Gurode was more or less better than the alternatives...Al Johnson and Phil Costa.

YR
    OhSnap likes this.
  3. sideon

sideon Active Member

308 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    If i may jump in here. You're both right Gurode was good for at least 2 bad games but that was at the tail end of his career, however before that he was a pro bowl C for us and he was good to great for more years than he was bad.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,319 Messages
    9,980 Likes Received
  5. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,300 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Exaclty as I thought. Very easily cuttable deal after 2 years
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

11,506 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    So how did the Cowboys handle Ware's situation poorly? Nevermind. Agendas run rampid. Carry on my friend.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

27,434 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    You know what? Us Cowboys fans actually love you Redskins. We love it when you take our old worn out players off out hands. lol I mean, how closer can you get to being like the Cowboys!
  8. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    26 Likes Received
  9. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

1,120 Messages
    811 Likes Received
    Hatcher played angry last year and he played for a big money deal. Now that he feels loved, feels compensated, and is back to playing end in a 3-4, he's going to be a four or five sack per year player again.
    OhSnap and 5Stars like this.
  10. 5Stars

27,434 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    Why, you guys do it all the time! Just think about how many x-Cowboys you Redskins sign. And, it's not only x-Cowboys players...old other players from other teams sign with your team all the time! lol It's like going to the bank to cash your last paycheck.

But, on the flip side of the coin, some Cowboys fans cry and vetch and moan about trying to sign anyone...all those wanna be GM's think that whatever the Cowboys do, they can do better. They know how to handle the salary cap, they know all the good players, they know what it takes to build a football team, they know everything and anything about how to build a football team, yet..they don't know a friggen thing. lol
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

7,082 Messages
    2,954 Likes Received
    And if he had signed with Dallas, I have to wonder, from your perspective of happiness and joy, what you would have said about him then. The first time he slam dunks Romo for a loss, it would be priceless to see your reaction, and then reflect on your old worn out label.
  12. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

4,131 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    Agenda as in what? Not trusting Jerry to do the right thing being a GM? All I can say is 17 years and waiting.......
  13. 5Stars

27,434 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    I'm glad he is gone, along with Ware, Ratliff, hopefully Spencer. I like the culture change as much as anything.
  14. TwoDeep3

7,082 Messages
    2,954 Likes Received
    Walk-ons have always thrilled me too.

I think that is an untended field of prosper, the player no one wants.

Just sign them, Jerry.
    5Stars likes this.
  15. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

4,131 Messages
    1,695 Likes Received
    Culture change? In Dallas? Sorry but I don't see it.
  16. 5Stars

27,434 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    No one can see until it's done.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

56,081 Messages
    8,562 Likes Received
    You must have missed what happened earlir this week. We felt the earth shake clear up here in Kansas when the news broke.
  18. TwoDeep3

7,082 Messages
    2,954 Likes Received
    Or know what's in the bill until we pass it, Nancy Pelosi Galore.
  19. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

7,732 Messages
    3,316 Likes Received
    Sloppy 2nd's?
  20. AmishGangsta

AmishGangsta Member

710 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys re-signed Hatcher at that price, you know fans of the NFC East would be like "hahaha look at the Cowboys, overpaying for a player over 30".

The Skins did overpay.

1.) I think it had to do with the Skins missing out on a lot of our other targets early on (Mike Mitchell, Talib; others).
    2.) Signing a player from one of our rivals - Hatcher likely doesn't sign with the Skins without it "blowing him out of the water" as he said.

Skins fans were going ape****, because Bruce Allen likes to shop at K-Mart. Our first two targets was a special teams player, and a guard that no one had ever heard of.

The Skins have a horrible secondary, so plan B is likely to load up on defensive lineman and pass rushers.

My question to Cowboys fans, why did it take Hatcher so long to get going? Is there a lot of "wear and tear" on the guy?