1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Hatcher, Two Rookies Set To Help Out Defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by morasp, Nov 19, 2013.

1. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Looks like we may get to see Holloman play Sunday. Broaddus said he had an interception in practice playing with the ones.

Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Follow Rob Phillips on Twitter

IRVING, Texas – All the battered defensive position groups should get some reinforcements back this weekend against the Giants.

Safety J.J. Wilcox (knee), defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (neck/arm) and linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) were all on the field Monday and expect to be ready to play the Giants after missing the Saints game before the bye week.

“Guys are getting healthy,” Hatcher said. “I’m excited for Sunday to get here. I’m very excited to be back.”

Hatcher said as far as he knows, he’ll be ready to go against the Giants after missing a game with a stinger. He used the bye week to build the strength back in his left arm while in Los Angeles during the break with his w

More: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Defense-/71d116d8-f4a4-4b35-ae48-589316e47814
  2. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Would love to see Holloman on the field in nickel situations instead of Sims. Sims is not good.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,956 Messages
    1,520 Likes Received
    speed kills and these rooks have it if they are healthy...looking forward to sunday
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,423 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    Nothing can help this d! Even if we could have 15 guys on the field we'd still give up 500 yards
  5. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    Fast with good coverage skills seems to be the kind of linebackers they are looking for. Holloman fits that description and seems to have a knack for making plays. It will be fun to see how he does.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,584 Messages
    2,461 Likes Received
    If Holloman and Wilcox could step up it would help out a ton.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,724 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    When this defense gets trampled yet again, we'll hear how we have injured players coming back and haven't played together, as an excuse!
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    Agree.
  9. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

685 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Ugh come on man ... can I go into a thread without someone posting this stuff? Jeez...
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  10. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    I am still getting flashbacks to last time Hatcher talked before Lions game.
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,728 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    Nope. Bitterness reigns supreme.
  12. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,436 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    If the extra four are on the line rushing the passer, I guarantee we wouldn't. In fact, I'd guarantee that people would start talking like Dallas has an All-Pro secondary.

Too bad we only have about 2 1/2 pass rushers instead.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.