1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hate To Say It, But We Missed Marty B

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Picksix, Jan 26, 2013.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I like crayton. He was a very good player here for us especially in 07 when he had to go from being the slot guy to becoming a starting outside wr when glenn was hurt. He had a great year.

However, His espn 103.3 appearances are sad and pathetic.

He said sat that Jason garrett took the players aside that he liked and told them to hang in there during 2010 because he was going to be the head coach soon.

Come on, its just sour grapes from crayton because they traded for Williams and incorrectly gave him big money and then cut crayton in favor of Kevin ogletree, John garretts hand picked draft pick.

He also said all it takes to get jerry's favor is to have a couple of the veteran players who jerry likes to go and tell him they think coach x could be or should be the head coach........That is why he said we are not seeing any experienced coaches being hired on offense because garrett knows if a few players get on the side of that vet coach he will get the HC job...

come on.

Wade Phillips was fired not because he was undermined by Jason garrett but because he failed as the coordinator in the first half of the season, his playcalling was awful and then he lost the locker room and it had to be done.

if garrett loses the locker room this coming season and it seems there is a very good chance of that the same thing will happen.

and another thing on crayton, All of his opinions should be taken with salt after playing the race card when skip peete was fired.....I mean that says it all.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,511 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    Okay, well I didn't hear any of that but IMO that would be the most damning and the most detailed accusation he's made by far. I listen to at least parts of that show most Saturdays and as you know he's been on there several times but he usually sits mostly in the background and doesn't say all that much. And I think he tries to be pretty subdued in his observations. I always have the feeling that he wants to chime in when the hosts are talking about the inner workings of the team but usually holds back.

I guess the time I didn't hear it was the time he didn't. :laugh2:

But like the part I was talking about with John... It's not like he was vicious in what he said. He just said John sort of talked down to MB and repeated the same things over and over. It's not like he said the guy was a terrible coach and person who shouldn't even be on a sideline anywhere.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,313 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    What a poor list of players to make your point. None of those guys has gone on to do anything great since leaving Dallas. If they produced like that while still in Dallas they would be greatly underplaying their monetary value. And Dallas didn't let Robinson go. They tried to sign him, but could not afford him. He had a poor year in Jacksonville.
  4. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's really easy not feeling sorry for Garrett, if one takes the blinders off.
  5. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, your saying we missed Bennett, yet with Bennett here, we still sucked in the red-zone and had the same problems on offense. So how did we miss him? Seems to be another excuse for the inept coach of this offense.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Is this directed to me?
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,040 Messages
    3,957 Likes Received
    I don't think it does. But how much would it really matter if it were?
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Another good point.

Today is good point. Day.
  9. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the facts are...

Crayton wasn't cut.

Crayton asked for a release through his agent and was traded for a 7th round draft pick from the Chargers. Further, Kevin Ogletree was inactive the whole 2010 season, the very season Crayton was traded to San Diego. And Crayton got traded the very beginning of September of that season.

So let me get this straight regarding your story:

Crayton got cut for a receiver that was declared inactive the whole season and only secured the 3rd receiver spot in 2012... BRILLIANT!
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yep I worded it wrong. He was traded.

Ad yes, people forget easily it was ogletree who was taking that spot on the roster. Dez took his punt returner job, crayton didn't play on coverage teams and they thought ogletree had the ability to play that 4th guy role better and cheaper than crayton.

that is what happened, he wasn't cut for Roy Williams as espn 103.3 likes to always say. It was ogletree that took his roster spot.

Ogletree not working out is a different story.
  11. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's easy to change the story after the fact and your just being absurd with this.... Whose talking about Roy Williams? So now you've added Dez into the mix... So Crayton was mad over Ogletree taking his spot as the fourth receiver, when Ogletree didn't yet prove himself and that too, when he was a guy behind Roy Williams and Dez Bryant?

:lmao2:

Maybe he was mad that he was a number 2 receiver that contributed to this team and was being phased out, which BTW by a guy that turned out to be a huge bust, which had nothing to do with Ogletree. You know, maybe Crayton is right about what he is saying, even if he was mad. People with legitimate grievances are often mad, 'surprisingly'.
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am not even sure what point you are trying to make anymore?

changing what story after the fact? Crayton's beef is with garrett. he knows garrett is the reason he got shipped off to SD. Nothing more or less.

The ogletree part is the reason they shipped him off. If you dont understand that I cant help you. Dez was drafted, it changed the wr spots. Crayton was too expensive and clearly had an issue with his coaches and lost his job to ogletree.

they tried to phase out crayton in 09 from the punt return position when they signed allen rossum but he got hurt.

so again, crayton always has all these miraculous stories about garrett and no one else because he knows garrett ran him out of town, fairly or unfairly.

his roster spot being replaced was justified by dez returning punts and ogletree as the 4th wr and hopefully on st units. Ogletree contributed nicely during the december run in 09.

insert smiley.
  13. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, we already know Crayton doesn't like Garrett. That usually happens when a guy scapegoats you for his crappy work. I know what point your trying to make, which is try and downplay everything Crayton says as false, because he was 'mad' at Garrett, as if being mad at Garrett nullifies whatever he says is false, because he's mad. TO also did as well, but he was a 'cancer'. Hell, even Roy Williams did, but he sucked, so your going to downplay that. But you know what reality is right, whatever they said is being proven everyday more and more. Your buddy JG just got his play-calling duties stripped away.

The point is, to push off your agenda with your 'miraculous stories', you even make up all sorts of 'evidences' that are patently false. If you can't get your story straight, then your analysis of the 'inner workings' of Valley Ranch are pretty hogwash.

Crayton requested to be traded, because he was a number 2 receiver that got replaced by the bum Roy Williams, and Crayton got what he wanted. He requested a trade the following season Roy Williams came, in the very beginning of the season, when Ogletree was the farthest thing from what you claim it was. You think Crayton was bummed about KO... Please... Crayton's decision had nothing to do with Ogletree and everything to do with a guy that earned a number 2 spot on this roster only to be replaced, because people were blaming him. Roy Williams was suppose to send this offense flying off the charts, i.e. another scapegoat for Garrett, and Garrett's offense still sucked. That is the reality...

And if you think KO was an impact during that December, as if this somehow miraculously gives evidence to your claim that Crayton was 'threatened' by KO, that's just laughable, especially when Crayton had 2 punt returns for TDs and KO touched the ball once as a punt returner and netted 0 yards.

Another point of fact.. Kevin Ogeltree sucks.. So John Garrett gets shipped out, Jason Garrett gets play-calling duties taken away from him, KO sucked... But yeah, Crayton was 'wrong'...
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,040 Messages
    3,957 Likes Received
    Right or wrong, he got shipped to another team and is now out of the league. Along with a number of other discontents and malcontents from the end of that era. And Jason Garrett is still the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, with a shot at being here a long time if his program takes root the way the organization obviously expects it to.

Like it or not, this is a close-knit team where the players like each other and respect the coach. I know it's fun to be angry about 8-8 and all that, but even moderate improvement in terms of player personnel and turnovers makes this a playoff team with a good QB. At that point, there won't be anything to complain about but Jerry Jones and the usual veteran-with-a-big-contract. And I guess the stadium, I know some of you like to complain about the stadium for whatever bizarre reason.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Crayton sucked at returning punts until the Atlanta game.

That is the week Allen rossum was signed.

Rossum injured his hamstring in his first return and crayton went back to returner, he returned a kick in the second half of that game. Then he returned one the next week against Seattle.

Ogletree was never billed as a punt returner.

I already told you, Dez took that job in 10.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,158 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received

Crayton has been pretty hush hush when it comes to stuff thats happened behind the scenes in detail.

Now that I think he knows he probably won't be getting back in the league he'll start telling more about what has gone on at Valley Ranch while he was there.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    He insinuated romo to Dez won't work earlier in the year because romo talked down to him and yelled at him. Then he said he wasn't being used right.

How did that turn out?

At this point he is a fan/hater like all of us. Outside of Garrett he didn't even play for these coaches.

And again I like crayton. When u hitch your wagon to the Owens train and the organization sees that and then u clearly have issues with the coaching staff and let it be known publically u are asking for trouble.

It's called cutting off your nose in spite of your face. He paid the price for it.

He was a great role player here. I miss his intelligence on the field when watching the team, especially earlier this season.

Playing the race card on Garrett was cheap and makes me lose any care if what he says in the future.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ding, ding, ding...

So then what possible job could KO threaten Crayton, the starting number 2 receiver with, if he couldn't even return punts? The only possible job Ogletree could really take was returning Kick Offs, and Crayton never did that the whole season, not even a single time, meaning KO wasn't even threatening him for that.

Now you bring up Dez, a number one draft pick as WR, took the job as a punt returner.

But yeah, you want us to believe the spin that Crayton was threatened by KO, John Garrett's 'hand-picked' WR, when he was a starting number 2 receiver, returning punts as well, when they made a trade for Roy Williams and drafted Dez as a number one, to push a 'blind' Jason Garrett hate, as if Crayton's hate' of Jason Garrett has no basis and is just 'miraculous spin'?

We are suppose to believe your spin that Crayton wanted out because he didn't want to run second fiddle to KO as the fourth receiver? Crayton wasn't upset at the trade for Roy Williams, who was traded to take his spot when the offense was 'suffering', meaning Crayton was being blamed for a stagnant offense, which BTW, got worse as time progressed, with Roy Williams.

But like I said, John Garrett is gone.. KO is a bum, and Jason Garrett ain't calling plays no more.. Looks like all the cancers were right, no matter which way you spin it. The position they aligned themselves on is turning out to be truer and truer everyday.
  19. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I have said the same thing over and over.

dez took his punt return duties.
    Ogletree took his 4th wr spot and was being groomed to play outside, which by the way was something crayton struggled with mightily in 08 which spawned the trade for roy williams. They wanted someone who can get open from outside allowing crayton back inside.

unfortunately austin was hurt in the 08 camp or he would have had more opportunities and shown his abilities from game 1. He still was pretty good in a limited role.

so if williams and ogletree are outside, and austin is the slot and outside guy that left crayton with no role really and since he did not cover kicks and made more money, and ran his mouth he was traded.

not difficult. Two days later I still have no idea what you are arguing about or why.
  20. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, you said the reason that Crayton was CUT was because KO took his 4th WR spot. You were trying to project the agenda that Crayton had a grudge with Garrett, because of KO, which was further solidified by the fact that KO was John Garrett's pick.

Again, Crayton asked for a trade at the beginning of the season, when Roy Williams took the second reciever spot. He asked to be traded. Austin had the breakout game that season as well, and they then drafted Dez Bryant in 2012.

It had nothing to do with Kevin ogletree. The point is your trying to paint some agenda that Crayton was mad, because they tried replacing him with KO, a John Garrett pick, when that's not even close to reality. Like I said, your 'facts' are what are 'miraculous' and if your claiming that is reality, then your opinions about Valley Ranch are to be taken with a grain of salt.

The fact that Crayton may be 'mad' at Garrett doesn't mean anything in regards to his claims, considering what he's stated is being confirmed more and more everyday. You claim he struggled mightily, when the whole offense struggled and continues to struggle. Again, JG now has his play-calling duties stripped away, John Garrett isn't here, and KO is still a bum. The end...