1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hate To Say It, But We Missed Marty B

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Picksix, Jan 26, 2013.

1. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    i give up.

my head just exploded.
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,659 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Crayton was traded because he never learned to shut his mouth.

On his last appearance on the Football Show he once again made a fool of himself.

He talked about how JG "undermined" Wade Phillips at practice by telling the players that they needed to run the play over. God forbid that a coach wants to get the play correctly installed while the HC is happy with a mistake-filled practice.

He went on to talk about how Jason approached players in '08 to get them on board with him because he was going to be the new HC, despite it not actually happening until 2010.

But hey the Football Show is great with a cast of Tim MacMahon, JJT, and some other media clown.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    So you're saying Crayton just totally made that up? Is he a liar or did the story get lost in translation somehow, or what?

All Jerry's fault for hiring a coach in waiting before he hired a HC, not letting the HC hire his own staff, etc. At least Kiffin is so old he won't be campaigning for Jason's job.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

that wasnt something crayton witnessed.

he said he was told this just recently by a high ranking official.

He actually in a way gave a compliment to garrett while trying to make him look bad.

they were begging him to tell them stories about garrett undermining phillips......he kept claiming there wasnt enough time on the show.

then he threw this out there, he claimed that one time, didnt say what year the team finished its practice and wade said were done and garrett said no were not and made the offense go back out and keep practicing because he wasnt happy with what they had done. Said he was showing up wade.

then he went to say that it happened under parcells a bunch of times and how payton and zimmer never got along during practice because of stuff like that and said that todd haley and mike macintyre almost got into a fight over this kind of thing during practice one day.

but again, as far as that story about jason recruiting his guys, he didnt see it or hear it until recently from a high ranking source he said......come on.

his racial comments a couple of weeks ago pretty much made the rest of his comments not worth much i think.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    What happened on the part about Payton and Zimmer? Because Zim is as big a sticker for technique as anyone.

As far as Haley... I think everyone who's ever been around him has wanted to fight him at some point. The guy is just a jerk. Pretty sure even he's admitted that.
  6. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    He didn't go into detail it was a pretty generic comment about the coaches from each side of the ball having problems with the other side during practice and what they were doing.

At least that is how I took it.
  7. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,659 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Theebs is also right about the Skip Peete deal, he totally used the race card as his reasoning for his firing.

Listening to Crayton a few times on the show and I all get the feeling is that he comes off as a scorn girlfriend.

I recall on the Lunch Break, when Austin broke out in the KC game, the crew talked about how Crayton was throwing a media hissy fit because Austin had become the new #1 and Crayton looked like he was about to cry.

He was a good target for Romo and a guy that understood how to get open in scramble drills but ultimately PC is the one that got him out of town.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,131 Messages
    8,947 Likes Received
    It's probably hard for us to understand the context fully, but for these guys, it's not just pride and ego and the desire to start that they have to deal with. They're also working their tails off for a second or third contract that can literally make or break the rest of their working life. It's gotta be rough putting in that kind of work and getting so close and then seeing a guy behind you on the depth chart have a breakout game. Or seeing the team trade a King's ransom for a WR from another team who ends up not being as good as you were in the first place. I can understand a certain amount of frustration and disappointment with the offensive coaches who were presiding at the time.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. And PC and TO are on a short list of players who JG obviously weeded off the roster. Sour grapes in that context don't really amount to much.
  9. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Listening to you guys, I get the feeling your just not happy that whatever Crayton has said about Garrett is turning out to be correct... Nobody even liked his brother. And this guy from Tenessee has turned out to be a clown as well, that his players didn't like.

And Wade was gone and Jason's offense looked even more sloppy on the field...