1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

HC candidate X: Back to Back .500 Seasons, Only Prev Exp Is QB Coach: Do you hire him

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Jan 3, 2013.

1. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    FWIW that's exactly what it is. Good post.
    People respect the hell out of Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel, too.

That doesn't make them fit to be NFL head coaches.
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,047 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    OK, but I rmember a similar bet we had last year too when you bet on Garrett and this team to come through and were also wrong.

Not that I don't believe you, but it's impossible to prove what your feelings were one way or the other back then.

I sure hope you're right.

On all counts.
  3. DCfaninDC

DCfaninDC Member

542 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hos, are you saying FA and the draft will fix up this team? Is that all it takes? I being genuine and asking for your opinion.

I agree the OL and offense in general needs help but I think the defense is aging right before our eyes that needs helps just as much, in my opinion.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,856 Messages
    2,639 Likes Received
    That is more about being a glutton for punishment than not knowing what the hell I am talking about. I'll put my knowledge of the game up against anyone on this forum and if I am pale in comparison then so be it.

I guess. A lie detector might satisfy, but I'm not going to pay for it. I see no reason to have to defend that and if the roles were reversed I wouldn't question that you believed that. I'd take it based upon your character exhibited.

I can't say that about a lot of posters here, but I can about you.

I wish I believed this. No offense is meant. I just find it too convenient a comment to believe. By anyone. It is not aimed at any person. I just no longer believe that statement is true, regardless of who says it. Not on this forum, and as it pertains to the Cowboys.
  5. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    FWIW that's what we're subject to every day on this forum. It's not working out for you at all.
  6. Hostile

118,856 Messages
    2,639 Likes Received
    Yes. I am saying that if they address the Lines.

We have a good football team who are on the verge of being very good for a long haul. But the OL and the injuries were just depressing this year.
  7. stasheroo

18,047 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    Calm down. It's not a knock on your football knowledge. Nobody ever intimated that you don't know what you're talking about. I;ve said numerous times that I respect your knowledge of the game.

And that feeling is both appreciated and reciprocated.

No problem, you're free to think as you wish.

But I will simply say this.

If I was some big meanie that secretly wanted the Cowboys organization to fail in any way, I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting this much of my life here.

We can all argue over this, that, or the other thing in getting there (and we do!), but what we all agree on is the end result, and that is seeing our favorite team win championships.
  8. DCfaninDC

DCfaninDC Member

542 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Agreed!

I have not been too high on Romo or claim he is the best out there, but also never understood the bashing. He makes good plays and bad plays, nothing unusual.

I was really happy about the secondary this year and until the injury bug hit the LBs and it was downhill from there. I did not expect much out of the team this year with so many question marks surrounding the OL.

BTW, I was really surprised to see your sig until I read your comments. Hang in there.
  9. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,038 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Blank guy? You mean that coach who was offered head coaching jobs by both the Baltimore Ravens and Atlanta Falcons? Both considered real professional NFL management teams. Guess I might consider him too.
  10. Hostile

118,856 Messages
    2,639 Likes Received
    It's not like those teams know what they are doing or anything though right? I mean they aren't in the playoffs, so they don't matter.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    And when a Baltimore writer was asked this year if the team ever regretted hiring Harbaugh instead of Garrett, he literally laughed out loud.
  12. stasheroo

18,047 Messages
    1,730 Likes Received
    Think they'd trade us?

:confused:
  13. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I just love the tortured logic these people use. Atlanta offered this guy a job he must be good! Guess what those people also hired Bobby Petrino and made Michael Vick the highest paid player in the league. Bad coaches get hired all the time. The history of the league is filled with highly thought of coordinators and position coaches who were hotly pursued and then fell flat on their faces.
  14. Hostile

118,856 Messages
    2,639 Likes Received
    Media = All Knowing

The time to ask this is when both careers are over, not just getting started.
  15. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Garrett was fired, he would not be a head coach anytime soon. Not at the NFL. Some college time might give him a look. Thats about it.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,601 Messages
    2,156 Likes Received
    ask the Baltimore Ravens or he Atlants Falcone if either would interview him for HC job if their current coaches retire

what do you think the answer will be?

HELL NO!!!
  17. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,651 Messages
    1,344 Likes Received
    I would hire him as the HC....

for my kid's pop warner team. He looks like he'll be good with 7 year olds.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,067 Messages
    6,895 Likes Received
    I PMd them. They both said "Why not?" For whatever that's worth.
  19. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I feel like this is a lie but I don't know enough about this site's private messaging software to dispute it.
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,067 Messages
    6,895 Likes Received
    Lol. Just type 'baltimore ravens' into the PM 'to' box, and then you get a reply from Ozzie Newsome, or somebody.

Note: in the interest of accuracy, I should note that 'Atlants Falcone" doesn't appear to actually be the name of a real team. But they're were like 'why not?,' too. Not sure how to take that.