1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Heard Mike Fisher say earlier we will go after a Warren Sapp type in 2013.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Jan 11, 2013.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He counts $3 million dollars against the cap next year, is a rotation player at best and has degenerative knees.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    The Bears will not let Melton leave...
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Based on the fact that Sean Lissemore,Ernie Sims, Alex Albright and Danny McCray shouldn't be the key core of the D
  4. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    K nostradamus
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I would, too... I usually assume that FAs will always stay where they are.

Or, the team Lovie goes to might want him and he might want to follow his coach.

But you never know what can happen with FA when a team gets a new coach... Like us with Spencer.

Really, I think Ratliff would be a great 3-tech, but the team might think he's too beat up anymore. Who knows.
  6. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

611 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Glen Dorsey DE from Kansas

Played in 3-4 there but is better suited for 4-3
  7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,006 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    I don't recall his knees being a problem or holding him out of games. I could be wrong, I just didn't pay attention if he missed time over his knees. But I am not sure 3 million is a lot of money for a solid rotational player who plays the run very well and could probably help keeping the LB'r clean.
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,430 Messages
    2,286 Likes Received
    105.3 ESPN Dallas radio station was touting the pros and cons with Herman Edwards at 6am this morning. The pros are a faster team because they play smaller quicker players.

The cons, when you have a middle linebacker evacuate the middle to change the defense to a cover three, which is what Edwards stated happens, that means your team is susceptible to being run on. The defensive tackles for Tampa Bay were the reason no one ran on them.

Edwards went into detail stating the reason was Sapp was what he called a generational player. Meaning his type doesn't come along every now and then.

I like Fisher a great deal. But this seems more about the radio show that preceded his than anything Fisher gleaned today from Valley Ranch.
  9. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have been going on and on about letting Spencer go, but guys I respect keep saying that is what is going to happen...

That makes absolutely no sense...unless you ware wanting to spend the money you have spent on Spencer for someone else at a position of greater need. Getting a big-time 3 technique fits the bill.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's the thing. There aren't many Warren Sapps.

It's like saying you're looking for a Reggie White type.
  11. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,064 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    We were "financially strapped" last year and signed Carr to a big deal.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,002 Messages
    4,532 Likes Received
    We have a Warren Sapp type guy on the D already if he could stay healthy.
  13. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Ratliiff is a lot like Sapp, but who knows if he comes back better or continues to degenerate.

Is Darnell Dockett available? I think Dockett could be pretty disruptive.
  14. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,817 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,482 Messages
    2,900 Likes Received
    The cap can be manipulated in so many ways it is not even funny. Teams that want to spend money can find ways to sign just about anybody they want.

Let the other thread says, Jerry is willing to push large cap hits off into the future in order to build a team and win right now. Call it mortgaging the future if you will, but Jerry is thinking once Romo retires the team will be crap anyways so what does it matter.
  16. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,598 Messages
    2,476 Likes Received
    I was impressed. He was quick off the snap and gets into guys pads and throws them. He plays low to the ground. A guy that can stand a olinemen up onto their tippy toes and toss them is a very powerful man.

It's just a highlight but a good one.
  17. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,934 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    :lmao: