1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Heart Attack Grill strikes again

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Apr 25, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,219 Messages
    1,167 Likes Received
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ustomer-collapses-while-eating-191647836.html

Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ customer collapses while eating ‘bypass burger’

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a "quadruple bypass" burger.

The Heart Attack Grill's owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he himself has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.

"It's a lifestyle issue," Basso said. "We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers."
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,695 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    You would have to be in bad health to get a heart attack while eating a burger.

With that said I don't think I could finish that thing.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,074 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Holy Cholesterol Batman! :eek:
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love the pic of the waitress dressed in a black nurses outfit.

Hilarious.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,202 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    free meals to anyone over 350 lbs???

i wonder what the limitation to that is.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,635 Messages
    1,100 Likes Received
    They probably ban you after awhile. But have no idea. I actually knew a guy that worked with my dad years ago that although he was a skinny guy he had the proverbial hollow leg. He would go to all you can eat places and just clean them out. After awhile they just banned him from the restaurants.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This happened at a Chinese buffet here in Nashville a few years ago. This guy was going in and he ate nothing but the fresh shrimp. He ordered a glass of water and nothing else. He would just eat trip after trip after trip. And he did this like three times a week. finally they banned him from the place. He sued them and he won his case because there was no limits that were made clear to him on the advertising or when he went in.
  8. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never understood banning people from free meals or all you can eat places. Unless the offer comes with a lmitation of some sort, you just have to deal with people who can eat a lot.
  9. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd seriously rather eat a burger from sonic than the heart attack grill. That place is disgusting....and what kind of business, in 2012, only accepts CASH? FAIL on so many levels.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,596 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    Great advertisement for that place. Accuracy unlike any seen in this day and age.
  11. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who smokes a cig while eating? Who smokes a cig ever?

:puke:
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Nasty habit...

[IMG]
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,057 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Found a hood fish place recently in Ft. Worth that only accepts cash.

But the fish is so delicious, I don't even care. Just have to make sure I have cash on hand when I go.
  14. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    There's a BBQ place near here that only accepts cash, too. They have been around forever, have great prices and great food so people don't really care.
  15. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Some of the best dives only accept cash. There are many here in my town too. What is the problem carrying a 20$ bill around in your pocket?

Yeah I don't get that...
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    why do you feel you have to worry if a place accepts cash only? How they run their business is their right.
  17. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    As consumers we have just as much right not to dine there.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,739 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    There isn't one. This restaurant used to be up in Tempe. Fries are all you can eat for everyone, and if you are over 350 you eat free.

They call them flatliner fries.

The waitresses dress up in really skimpy nurses outfits and they take your blood pressure after you are done eating.

Anyone who eats a triple or quadruple bypass burger is taken back to their car in a wheelchair.

It is total gimmick place.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,739 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    Here in Tucson Greasy Tony's that was featured in the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" was cash only.

Another great dive place here Pat's Chili Dogs...cash only.

People don't complain because the food is great.
  20. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    welcome to choice, nice to see you CMC