1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hello Again My Friends.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by SDogo, Jan 13, 2013.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This post is very difficult as well as much needed, healing of sorts if you will.

I have received more then a few emails, PM's and texts over the last 5 months from many of you wondering if I was ok and where I was at. I apologize for the lack of response. The last 5 months have been a very trying and difficult time in my life and I have been on a self seeking mission of sorts.

Shortly after the season began my wife and I started to have some issues. I noticed something was wrong but working so many hours and being on the road a lot I was missing signs and missing facts. I soon found out my wife of 15 years had been having an affair and we seperated. It was very hard on myself and my 3 children. I went through a stage of depression, stopped caring about life and everything I enjoyed. I was just hanging on trying to make it. It stayed that way for a good time and then I decided I could let it control me or use it to my advantage.

I discovered a lot about myself again as a person and as a father. Finally right after Christmas I made a major decision. I'll keep that to myself but long story short, I moved back to NY from SC and I have my 3 children with me. My relationship with my wife is stressed at best and a resolution looks impossible but I have been blessed and I'm preparing to start over.

I'm currently in the process of trying to get permanent custody of my 3 children and starting to enjoy the things I gave up on. For a long time just coming to this board to check in was difficult, for the first time in my life I believe I may have caught a total of 3 hours of Cowboys football. None of it was important to me but I missed it.

The good news is while I still have a lot of healing to do I'm back. I have my 3 kids, I'm enjoying things again and I'm finding there is a life out there for a single father of 3! Matter of fact, having your crap together and being a single father is a bit of a bonus when it comes to the attention of the ladies. ;)

I just wanted to stop in and thank all of you that have reached out for your concern and support and those that have offered prayers I ask that you keep me in mind and the journey and healing is not yet over.

Thanks again!:starspin
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    It is so good to hear from you. I'm glad you are moving on and very happy you have your children with you. Hope to hear from you more often.
  3. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Thanks man, once the kids are a little more settled and I get some other things out the way I plan on being around more often. The kids are the only thing that have kept me together and gave me a new focus.

Thanks for the support!
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    Sounds like you made the difficult choice that will ultimately make your life better. Kudos for that. Best of luck in your legal proceedings. Corny sayings aside, time does heal all.
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    It was not an easy choice at all but your right, the moment I put it into action I could feel the healing start and it was like a world of opportunity opened up. Sometime's hanging on is the worst decision. Holding off on filing divorce for right now, too much change and drama for the kids to start that right away. The Ex and I are "civil" at the moment and are agreeing on what is best for the kids so we are going to do mediation and keep it out of the courts for the near future.

That sounds corny and I heard it a million times, never wanted to listen but your right, each day gets a little easier.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    Situation like yours is almost the same as a death in the family. The death of a marriage you thought a good one and to have it happen that way is about as bad as it gets.

Sounds to me like you thought things out and made a decision. That is the best thing to do; take time and think and ponder. Never make a hasty decision when its important.

Good luck and well as regards the Boys this year sadly you have not missed much.
  7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    I am glad to see you back around and I really hope things go well for you in your personal life! :D

/reality
  8. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,085 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear about those troubles but I can say it sounds like you've navigated them like a champ!

Best luck, welcome back to NY!
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Best of luck to you going forward, really hope everything works out for the best:starspin
  10. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Great to ahve you back but more importantly great to hear you found life again. It enjoy it again and live it while you can and find all the good is a joy upon itself.

Nice to see you posting again and hope to read your posts in the future.
  11. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder what happened; I sorry that happen to you I will put you in my prayers as you continue to move forward in life. I am glad you still have a relationship with your kids that is very important for them and something to cherish.
  12. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,950 Messages
    355 Likes Received
    Glad your back and hope to see more of you.... Best of luck..
  13. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    We missed you here and I am glad that you have returned. I am so sorry for all the trouble you have had lately. I wish you the best of luck in your ongoing quest to maintain custody of your children and in your legal proceedings.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,601 Messages
    5,511 Likes Received
    Great to hear from you again SDogo. I'm sorry to hear about your troubling times but it sounds like everything he heading in a positive direction now. Take care and post more often!
  15. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,449 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Welcome back SDogo. Sounds like you've made some strides despite the situation. Keep your chin up and keep being a great dad!
  16. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Welcome back dog. Praying for you man.
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Praying for an easier road and that it becomes as smooth as you want it to be.
    Keep encouraging your kids as well and all things will be made right in the end.

Blessings.
  18. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    It's good to hear from you.

Best of luck and hang in there.
  19. Bill Wooten

Bill Wooten Active Member

660 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear this. I went through something similar about 18 years ago. Getting sole custody as the father was difficult, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It was worth every penny I ever spent on lawyers.

I hope you and your ex can remain civil and keep the kids first. It will be difficult, but it is what you have to do. Keep your head up and things will get easier as you get over the hurt.
  20. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    You may not have your marriage, and I think you're right in seeing the positives of that, SDogo. And it does sound cliche' at times when the divorce initially sets in or even when it's beginning to set in to say it takes a little time--sometimes a lot.

Just be thankful you have your kids. You can always keep a relationship with the mother of your children. And I think you'll see that there are definitely other women out there for you. I think my ex-wife is a good person, but after our daughter passed away it just couldn't work. She had an affair, then I had a couple to make up for it--one with the neighbor. We were just a lost cause. But it gets better,especially with the ladies. Dating helps a lot. I can tell you that much. It's quite a transition and it just takes time. It really does get better. The good thing is you live through it.