1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Help Sell Me On Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheFinisher, Oct 10, 2012.

1. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received

Please everyone direct your attention to...and a round of applause for Nate Livings!! Youre the best lineman on arguably the worst OL in the NFL which coincidentally is arguably the worst offense in the NFL!

Wheres the Champagne?
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :clap2:
  3. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

796 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Point 1 - As many years as necessary to turn this around. He is the right guy. At least 2 more, if things don't even improve...

Point 2 - He is the Head Coach, isn't he? So, are you suggesting he doesn't get credit for turning around a defense as the Head Coach? Was bringing in Ryan the HC's decision? Seems like a double standard - he gets crucified as Head Coach if they don't improve, but others get the credit if they do?

Point 3 - Guilty. Feel better? Never said I was perfect. And, I have a day job. I really don't take time to edit.

Point 4 - Lighten up...
  4. GiveDezdaBall88

GiveDezdaBall88 Active Member

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    that's why we have the best pass defense in the NFL, however I don't like JG how can u like some 1 who ices their own kicker?
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have great skill position players, but so what? The offensive line sucks. They can't block to save their lives. No running lanes for Murray. Romo has zero time to throw in a clean pocket, has to constantly scramble, etc. You can't judge Garrett to you give him a compatent offensive line.
  6. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

If Jason Garrett supposedly has all of his personnel control, he should've gotten an offensive line in here.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you really believe he has an influence on the decisions made by Jerry? I don't believe that for a second.
  8. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tell it to the Garrett agenda boys.
  9. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    no he has had 2 years. because he was an OC under wade, who wanted practices in full pad and wade said no. it freaking practice why should they wear pads!!!
  10. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,197 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    About the same amount of time he's been coaching at ANY level. That's the problem.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,052 Messages
    2,290 Likes Received
    I'm just tired of the same old crap and Garrett has offered us nothing but the same old crap.

If Garrett was fired today who would hire him? Would he ever get another coordinator job?
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who cares? He's not getting fired so get over yourself. Bottom line is the front office hasn't put him in a great position to be successful. He got the coaching job after a horrible 1-7 start in 2010. Then the team went 5-3 down the stretch. I'm that offseason we did essentially nothing as far as adding pieces. We drafted Tyron Smith, but there we players available in free agency that could've helped the team and we did nothing. Then this last offseason Jerry showed how clueless of a GM he is by overpaying for a corner in Carr and than drafting another corner in Claibourne. Again ignored the biggest weakness of this football team. The trenches.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Point 1.. really all that needs to be said on this topic. "As many years as necessary.."

:laugh2:

Congrats on your day job, btw. As for the defense, JG is the OC, Ryan is the DC. Just as when Wade was here JG was the OC, and Wade was the DC. I would assume JG doesn't have a whole lot of knowledge about anything relating to the defensive side of the ball, considering he's never played there and never coached anything on that side.. so giving him credit for us playing well on D is a bit hollow, imo.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Do you really believe that JG doesn't have a say in what players he is "allowed" to bring in and coach?

If so, what gives you that impression?
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,052 Messages
    2,290 Likes Received
    So last year we failed because he didn't get an offseason and this year we will fail because he didn't manage to get a great oline?

Sorry but I look around the league and see plenty of teams with bad line play overcome it and win consistently.

At some point you just gotta say the guy can't get the job done. It shouldn't take years to figure it out and if he needs a perfect roster to be a quality coach then that doesn't say much about him.
  17. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,543 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    :eek:

What the hell were you watching?
  18. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    It's kind of hard to make changes when you have the owner saying who will and will not be brought in and who will and will not be playing in the games.

For example, Garrett mentioned weeks ago that we could see changes to the kick returner, speaking primarily of Felix Jones. But Jerry Jones said that Felix would still be the returner despite dismal results and also said yesterday that he doesn't want to dismiss Felix as returner when Dunbar was activated from the practice squad [link].

I've heard before that Garrett has full control, but things like that lead me to doubt that he really does. I feel if Garrett really had freedom to do the things he wanted to without his ideas being nixed by upper management that this team would be much further along in his process than it is right now.

But because he doesn't have full control, he has to do the best with what freedom he does have.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Tape.

He bought the ALL 22 package, man.. makes him a certified coach now.

:D
  20. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,065 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    That's possible. Not many can get t heir way with Jerry running the show.

But like you said, he has to do the best with what he has. Likewise, we can only judge him by what he's done--not 'what he's done*' (*would've done better as a coach without Jerry Jones the GM).