1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Henderson staying

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jan 17, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,257 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    Hey CL
    As coordinator, we don't know yet know if Garrett got to keep his job.
    Jerry's most recent comments actually sounded like he was MORE upset with the offense compared to defense or special teams.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    I agree with that. Need better players to make either scheme work.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    I missed the 1st part of the thread is this a damn Jerry Move? :laugh2:
  4. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

863 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    For the future I hope we bring in Tim McDonald as secondary coach. Coached his son to be the second best Safety coming out of high school. Great head coach and now secondary coach at Fresno State. Fresno State is third in the nation with 22 interceptions, also producing one of the top safety candidates in the draft this year in Phillip Thomas.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,512 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan has another job?

I know he said he would be unemployed for about 5 minutes. Seems longer than 5 minutes, but, then again, Rob wasn't too prophetic here with all his predictions. He was rumored to be going to STL. I hadn't heard anything official about his hiring.

With the amount of times Rob Ryan has been fired, following him ain't exactly what I would call a good career move. Not sure if many defensive assistants under him went on to promotions with other teams.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He does seem to wear out his welcome.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,699 Messages
    1,852 Likes Received
    I like the changes to the defensive staff. I prefer the type of scheme Kiffin runs, and he seems to be assembling some good coaches.

I'm just hoping it wasn't forced on Garrett. That would undermine whatever good can come of this.
  8. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Good, he seems to be a good coach.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,313 Messages
    6,297 Likes Received
    Well said.
  10. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,943 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    Maybe because Jerry gets what he wants or it isn't as bad working for him as some fans want to make it?

I think if Jerry wants them he will get them. He got Bill Parcells when he wanted him and proven coaches like Mike Holmgren have stated that if they coach again it will only be for the Cowboys. I have a hunch that when certain former coaches say they are waiting for the right situation what they really mean is, "Call me Jerry".
  11. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,348 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    I would have like to also, but I think the general thinking is this defense is better suited to defend offenses similar to the pistol. I don't think it's going away anytime soon.
  12. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Member

872 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I am also glad Coach Henderson is staying. He seems very good at teaching and has lots of knowledge to impart to our secondary. I think we will see this defense to be better, especially the secondary in 2013.