1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Henry Melton's Contract Details

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Little Jr, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    I don't understand why anyone would complain about this pickup.
    CT Dal Fan and Little Jr like this.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    It's amazing. Thanking the bears but really showing, knowing that the star is... Well, not just any star. The Dallas cowboys star. Lol

Quote,
    Thank you chicago for the best 5 years of my life!.... I can't wait to begin the next chapter of my life... With a star on my helmet.

8:17 PM - 18 Mar 2014
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

665 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    I think at this point they wait for the prices to come down, but I think later on they sign a DE, a WR with deep speed and a Will.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,120 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    pfft - cause they're realists.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,278 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    I can't complain about the economics of this deal. All involved deserve to take a bow.

Nice work fellas!

:D
    iceberg likes this.
  6. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

638 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Agreed. Dallas signs a Pro Bowl player on a low risk, high reward contract that only takes up $2.75 million of cap space. Melton can be cut before the 2015 league year and is off the books. If not, he's a Cowboy through 2017. This is easily one of the smartest deals the Cowboys have ever handed out.
    Common Sense likes this.
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,120 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    who are you and what have you done with stasheroo???? :)
    stasheroo likes this.
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,278 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    My, errr his, account has been hacked!

;)
    iceberg likes this.
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,995 Messages
    2,389 Likes Received
    Great contract. His guarantee will be paid out in his '15 base salary, which clears him from our books after that year.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,995 Messages
    2,389 Likes Received
    Someone understands cap management!
  11. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,937 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I have actually read that he deal is ALREADY structured in this very way, to count $3m per year in years 2-4.
    casmith07 likes this.
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,035 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    Per Archer

The Cowboys gave Melton, who is coming back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament, a $1 million signing bonus as part of the deal he agreed to Tuesday night with a $1.25 million base salary. He can earn an extra $78,125 per week if he is on the 46-man roster, maxing out at $1.25 million. His first-year cap number at present is $1.734 million but will grow through the season each week he is on the gameday roster.

The kicker in the deal comes in 2015 when he would earn a fully guaranteed $9 million base salary. The base salaries in 2016-17 are $7.5 million each.

There are also $1.5 million in incentives in the deal for playing time and sacks in 2014.

The Cowboys have to exercise the option on the final three years of the deal by the first day of the 2015 league year. If they don't, then they would have $750,000 in dead money on the cap and Melton will be an unrestricted free agent.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4725914/breaking-down-henry-meltons-contract
    The Dallas1575 likes this.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,875 Messages
    3,342 Likes Received
    That makes me happy. Simply put - get the QB.
  14. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,154 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    I don't think that Hatcher and even Ware was saying pay me. Ware was willing to renegotiate his contract to stay and they basically told Hatcher to take a hike without giving him an offer. Basically, I think we kind gave these guys who was detrimental to our defense the cold shoulder. They went out to test the market and other teams paid them more then we can offer.