1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Henson hurt his hand early in TC......

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by scrives, Aug 11, 2005.

1. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    According to Keyshawn on an interview with Mickey and Bill Show on DC. Know wonder he has not look up to par in training camp so far. This would also explain JFE reporting he is looking progressively better every day. According to Keyshawn it is his thumb. I use to play QB in High School and believe me, it is hard to grip the ball if your throwing hand is hurt. So lets just see how he does as it heals before we pass judgement on him....
  2. RonBurgandy31

RonBurgandy31 New Member

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What did he break a nail? Jesus this is our future a QB and half of the board thinks he should get cut. In my opion if he bombs in the preseason he should be realeased and we draft a QB in the draft.
  3. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe a Fench manicure would help?
  4. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

He denies it though.
  5. CanadaBoys

CanadaBoys New Member

818 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let the excuses begin!!!!!
  6. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Heck its hard to do anything with a thumb is hurt on the hand that you use to throw or do anything physical.

Donovan in 2003 is good example of how crappy one can look. And not to mention Warner, whose career began to go down the drain with his injured thumb. But Warner case is extreme I guess, since probably that wasn't the only reason he slid.

Anyway, we shall see about Henson. Let the pre-season play itself out. If he is the guy some of us think that he is, he will show up. If not may the best man win, either hopefully Cowboys have someone for future, honestly.

I am Michigan fan and so Henson Homer, but still Cowboys come first.
  7. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

230 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I bet the Chargers are glad you're not their gm. You know, Brees stunk it up a few years before he finally came on last year. Would you be for cutting him now? :rolleyes:
  8. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

230 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, and not to mention you probably would have cut Aikman after the bad first years he had too. :rolleyes:
  9. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Heck apparently Phillip Rivers struggling mightly this year in TC himself. I am sure most of these fans would want to cut him too, the very ones who want to trade for him, that too.

Anyway, why the heck did I get sucked into another QB debate, btw? :banghead: :)
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't cut Henson - big cap hit. He'd be my #3 and run the scout team to get reps.
  11. RonBurgandy31

RonBurgandy31 New Member

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last time I checked both Brees and Aikman had played more than 1 season at the respected colleges and didnt suck not only in TC this year but thanksgiving vs. the bears.
  12. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Ryan Leaf had a nagging hand injury too (amongst his dozens of other problems), might have been the thumb. IS THIS AN OMEN?
  13. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No excuses. Just let the preseason start before we hang him. I'm pulling for Henson but if Romo can be are future, so be it..... If not, go get one.
  14. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

I never knew why the Chargers drafted a QB anyways. Brees wasnt that bad.

He only started one game in 2001 in rookie year.

2002 3284 yds 60.8 % 17 TD 16 INT

2003 he had a sophomre slump. He started 11 games

2003 2108 yds 57% 11 TD 15 INT

And he went off in 2004.
  15. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Marty was River's coach in the Senior Bowl and fell in love with him there.

David.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,727 Likes Received
    Leaf had a wrist that would come out of socket that is a bit different. In the case of Henson it was reported earlier in camp that he had hit his throwing hand on the helmet of a defensive player. As for excuses when asked Henson said it has caused him no problem so Drew is not looking for excuses he is working to get better despite all of his nay sayers out there. 1 thing I'm sure of at this stage Henson will be able to deal with the fickled Dallas fans which is a leg up already over our last young QB
  17. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Drew is smart enough to not give any excuse for his performance. That is exactly what Tuna does not want to read or hear from one of his QBs. Drew knows not to do that, even if he has been dinged up.

Some people don't realize it's the tough times that reveal what someone has inside of them not the good times. If Henson has what it takes he will show it in the tough times, not when everything is roses. Tuna is watching him to observe how he handles adversity as well as how he handles any success he may have.

The idea of cutting him or that Parcells and Jerry will release him at this point in his development, is simply moronic! It ain't gonna happen!
  18. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I was just adding fuel to the fire, but it would appear we're both wrong.

Anyway.. carry on.
  19. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,311 Messages
    1,381 Likes Received
    An injured hand, especially if its the thumb is almost as bad as a receiver hurting their knee or an O-Lineman hurting their shoulder. It has major affect on their throws.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was true and Henson denied it. Most players don't like to use injuries and being hurt as an excuse. Especially when you're not a starter.

Rich............
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I hope it is true that his hand is hurt, therefore, it truely explains the problems Drew has had with his accuracy in camp thus far. I am pulling for Drew to be our QB of the future for no other reason then it will allow us to draft another position of need without worrying about the QB position.