1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Here's a crazy question

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Scotman, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So let's say TO behaves and has a great three years here in Dallas. He gets a 1,000 or better every year. Get himself 8-12 touchdowns each year. We get back to the playoffs and actually win some games.

Does TO have a Hall of Fame career? If so, would he go in as a Cowboy?

I'd think possibly on the first and most assuredly on the second (assuming a positive on the first of course).

Sorry, just killing time. :)

Scot
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,706 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    Three 1,000 yard seasons and 10-12 TDs would give him some great career numbers. He is already 4th in receiving TDs in NFL history with 101. I think those numbers would put him in the HOF. What team? Don't really know or care at this point.

I do think T.O. is capable of putting up those type numbers the next 3 years. I also think he could keep playing after that and put up modest numbers to build his stats.
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,008 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    I agree. I superbowl win would put the icing on the cake for Owens.
  4. Zippy Speedster

Zippy Speedster New Member

346 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh he'd go in as a Cowboy just to piss off the other two teams. Not to mention if his image did cleanup then of course he'd want this to be the place he was remembered from. And yea i think he's a virtual lock if he can have a few good seasons here to add to everything else he's done already. Though he probably will run into admittance problems at first much like Irvin is at the moment.
  5. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    in the NFL HOF you dont go in as a member of a team like in baseball. You are elected as a person
  6. seantaylor21

seantaylor21 New Member

31 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TO will never be in the hall. Hes a turd
  7. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your namesake will help him get there.
  8. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,439 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    I'm not a TO fan but there is a bit of hypocrisy in your post when you call him a turd yet have a username of a person facing a possible jail sentence.
  9. dreamshatterer

dreamshatterer New Member

155 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IMO, it depends on Owens and the ability to control his mouth. The second one minor negative comment come outta his mouth, the media will be all over it. But if he can keep it to himself, he'll be fine.