1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Here's some encouraging things said about Frederick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Awakened, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

772 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    from JSonline.com

"One scout said Frederick, who scored 34 of a possible 50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test, "might be the smartest guy in the draft." His intellect was renowned at UW, and line coaches that have interviewed him are amazed at his recall and football knowledge."
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,386 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Smart and tough guy, no one is going to deny that. After that...well...
  3. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    He's experienced, smart, strong, tough, and the RKG. Guess what qualities I want from my center?
  4. MonsterD

3,386 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I would like that too and that he also have good athleticism.
  5. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,128 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    There is nothing wrong with his mobility. Who cares about his 40 time? All the footage I have seen shows him consistently getting to the second level
  6. MonsterD

3,386 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    We will see if he can get by with that in the NFL.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,685 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    I would love to get that from a center....in the 2nd or 3rd round
  8. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Oh please, enough of that. Did ANYONE who claims that T. Fred would be available in the second actually watch this friggin draft?
  9. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,981 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    He misses alot at the 2nd level, but we've not won at the first level, this guy can win at the first level.
  10. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,043 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Wait a minute .... I thought the Cowboys were only looking for zone blocking types on the OL??????

Thank God clearer heads prevailed. Frederick, like Warmack, is a football player who runs fast enough, on the field. No underwear olympics wannabes here people.

Frederick may have been overdrafted, or not, we will see. I like the trade down and the pick. Cannot have enough smart, versatile and tough players on this team. Witten will love this guy.
  11. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

828 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Agreed
  12. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,105 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    First and foremost, this kid can block. He gets his hands on anyone and much more often than not, he puts them on their back like a roach. First quality I want from any Olineman is the ability to block... You can take your 40 time and all that other mess.. I want the guy that wins his battle, and this kid does much more often than not.
  13. MonsterD

3,386 Messages
    193 Likes Received

A DT that will bypass him with quicks is every bit as bad as that footage of Free getting railed back with power looking like he is on skates. Just as bad.
  14. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,105 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    40 time does not = quickness... On the film I have watched (which is all that I can find), the only time he was "out quicked" by a DT was when the DT got a good jump based on timing the snap count.... I can live with that when I see him putting guys on their backs the vast majority of time...
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,878 Messages
    5,488 Likes Received
    I've been partial to Frederick since he declared. Love the size and nastiness. Love the Wisconsin OL factory. Fills a critical need. I just wish he was gotten a little later in the draft.
  16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I think most people will be happy about Frederick on our team, he is a good player. The pain and suffering are due to the loss of value in the trade and the probability that he would be there in the second round.
  17. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    That sums up exactly how I feel.

I'm not upset at the pick, but a little disappointed we couldn't get a better value.

Zeitler was my favourite guard last year and we got his twin. Right around the spot that Zeitler went last year.
  18. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

885 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I agree with you. Last year I really wanted Zeitler. But with Frederick...he's a welcome addition. It was just a bad value pick, after a bad value trade.

Now it's time to move on. Frederick is a Cowboy and they have an extra third rounder.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,878 Messages
    5,488 Likes Received
    I think it's iffy whether he would have been there at 47.
  20. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,313 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Agreed Risen.

I think it's extremely unlikely Frederick lasts until #47. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Watson or Armstead are there for us in the second.