1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Video: Here's to a fully healthy Romo next year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Heisenberg, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like. Zone Supporter

9,566 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Nice highlight video. It's probably been posted before, but I hadn't seen it.

dstovall5, zack and Wheeltax like this.
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

4,496 Messages
    944 Likes Received
    Hope romo can play next year. This Injury has probably for sure shortened his career. I'm not looking forward to 5 years or more of 4-12 seasons after hes gone.
  3. packpitts

packpitts Member

91 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Better start looking...
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,209 Messages
    1,737 Likes Received
    I'm really hoping his arm strength/deep ball issues were just attributed to an injury rather than just natural decline.
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,227 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received

The long balls were few and far between, IMO.

Hard to be good at something one rarely does.

Dez was begging for them, too. Williams......goes without saying.
    Carolina Cowboy likes this.
  6. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    At this point in Romo's career, for how "bad" he has played, I can only hope he can match 4000 yards 31 TDs and 10 INT's from last year.

The team around him needs to get better.
  7. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

14,400 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
    Romo is great! Any QB who can take us to three consecutive 8-8 has got to be great!
    Right?
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,185 Messages
    2,207 Likes Received
    Wasn't that vid originally made by a zoner?
  9. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

6,076 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    When you're talking about leading this team with this coaching staff to an 8-8 record then hell yea he's great.
    Coy and Nav22 like this.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

3,397 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    Whether Romo manages to remain healthy next year or not, Jerry doesn't offer any indication whatsoever that drafting a QB in the upcoming draft will be very likely to materialize. Of course, it's always possible that he's just blowing smoke to mask his true intentions but he's also been known many times in times past to reveal his true intentions in pre-draft interviews. I'm betting 2014 won't be the year we'll see a QB drafted at all if Jerry's words bear any resemblance to the truth. At least, I wouldn't expect it to happen 'til the later rounds, if at all.
  11. Seven

12,227 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received

No defense. Run game taken away and an average OL (finally).

They don't allow capes on the field.
    dragon_mikal likes this.
  12. GimmeTheBall!

14,400 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
    Just stirring the pot, man. To his credit, Tony plays well most of the time.
    He, however -- and let me be clear -- WILL NEVER TAKE ANY TEAM TO THE SUPER BOWL.. That is just his cross to bear. Other great QBs also have not gotten to the Super Bowl. But at least they got more than 1 career playoff win.

Best of luck, Tony. I just don't think it's in the cards for you to win another playoff game.
  13. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Agree totally. My issue was that his accuracy, timing and zip (never Elway like to begin with) seemed "off" for the better part of the year. Romo-haters and casual fans alike would never see it, but it was clearly there.
    Seven likes this.
  14. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    I've wondered about that too, but hope it doesn't play out like that. Think about it:

Meredith --> Staubach
    White --> Aikman
    Romo --> ???
  15. GimmeTheBall!

14,400 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
  16. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,209 Messages
    1,737 Likes Received
    They were few and far between in large part because of Romo, too though. The routes were being run and Romo had pretty good protection, but often times he was looking for the short or intermediate routes-- probably because he didn't feel confident in throwing that far because of his physical state.

That's just speculation, but I mean, we saw Orton take a higher percentage of chances down field in the exact same offense.
  17. Seven

12,227 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    Can't say I disagree. Who knows what happens just prior to, and after the snap. The offense was pretty mundane for the most part. Almost looked predictable. JMO, of course.
  18. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member

1,109 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    6min mark, such a shame Miles could never get healthy - he was crushing it at the start of that year.
  19. Seven

12,227 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received

I know gimme. I understand your take on Romo. I seem to be on the fence myself. This year was one of his best stat-wise. Completely worthless on the other hand. That's why I hate stats.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

56,674 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    With the support he has got from the OL, defense and coaching staff I'd say his accomplishments are pretty remarkable.
    Coy likes this.