1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Hernandez the “pink elephant” at Rookie Symposium

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 28, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,510 Messages
    10,382 Likes Received
    Posted by Darin Gantt on June 28, 2013, 8:14 AM EDT

Troy Vincent, the NFL’s senior vice president of player engagement, said it’s a topic that’s impossible to avoid.

“You know, there’s this pink elephant in the room . . . the Hernandez situation,” Vincent told players, via Rick Maese of the Washington Post. “The media has every right to ask you a question about that situation. And you have every right not to engage in that conversation. It is what it is. ”

As part of the opening session for NFC rookies Wednesday night, a group of second-year players were on hand to tell the new guys about the transition. But the topic of Hernandez was never far away.

“A lot of people are afraid of the words, ‘Oh man, you different,’ ” Colts tight end Dwayne Allen said. “You damn right I’m different. You damn right I’m different. I got a lot more money in my pocket, and a lot more sense. That’s the way you got to go about it.

“You’re not the same dude you was when you grew up. You different now. That doesn’t mean you can’t hang out with your boys, do things you used to do with your boys. You still do those, but you got to be smart about it, smart about your decisions, man.”

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/28/hernandez-the-pink-elephant-at-symposium/
  2. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,570 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Some of them grow out of it. Some of them don't.

Been proven many times, on both fronts.

Of course you can't avoid this situation. It should have been one of the major points made.
    It's a perfect example of situations that you should never put yourself in.
    Same with the guys with assault charges, domestic violence, drugs, DUI's, etc.

There are guys that would be more than willing to pay for some of the younger guys to have a cab drive them home, or pick them up to protect their respective teams on every team...even as former players for the same university.
    It's just ignorance, arrogance, and poor decision making.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  3. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,603 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    No, .. it does mean you can't hang out with "your boys." If your boys are gang related, drug dealers, trouble-makers, etc.

You need to remove yourself from that environment and from those type of people, .. or you will end up just like them. Ask AH.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. bounce

bounce Well-Known Member

840 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Except, maybe in this case, Hernandez WAS the bad influence.
    mfiggs18 likes this.
  5. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,512 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    pink? Has "white elephant" become too racially charged to use?