1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hernandez v Brent

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by zack, Jun 26, 2013.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,434 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    In response to The RomoSexual snark: I am not a lawyer but ipso max facto I half watched many trials and lawyers on TV. Thanks for the lawyer's critique, and no, I do not wish to sue anyone yet. I will keep your name in mind, though.
    And I think romo has something actionable on yew. you combine his name with "sexual." I say to Romo, sue this man because he is implying something . . . but he is rich and may not need to sue anyone.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,095 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    If Hernandez did the crime he will not be playing for anyone for the reminder of his life. Is this national get high day or what?
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,076 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    Every day is take a stab at the Cowboys day even if it's about something else.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,678 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I think you mean if he's found guilty. If he did it and gets acquitted, he'll find a team.
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,434 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    I object, the comment is irrelevant, hearsay and inadmissable at Moose Lodge meetings and in the states of Mississippi and Arkansas. "No doubt there was no intent on the part of Brent" how do you know? "but it was an accident." How do you know? "Odin Lloyd, who was found shot execution-style." How do you know?
    Man, you are presumptuous and leading. I demand you be disbarred and stuff, barrista. I mean, barrister.
  6. DEMFAN

DEMFAN Member

140 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Who are you kidding comparing the two? I am sure many folk on this site have driven while drinking at one time or another. But I would bet my life the majority on this site have not pulled a trigger and fired several bullets into a friends chest and back!!!!!
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,052 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    I doubt very much we are holding on to Brent to recoup money. Cut, he costs us about 12k in cap space.
  8. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    As I said I don't know if he is or is not guilty as of this time all I know is he has been arrested and charged with 1st dregee murder. I'm also unsure teams will be looking to him if he can beat the rap. Like many cases this is not going to happen over night it will take a while for this to go to trial in the mean time a whole new crop of TE will be coming out making their own mark in the NFL
  9. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    So Brent was trying to take his life and the life of Brown? However given the skid marks he was trying to get the car under control, does not take a rocket scientist to figure out this was an accident. As far as how do I know Lloyd was shot execution style that is in the police report and that then is premeditated murder. You don't have to be a lawyer to know this. Brent action by no means is excusable but far from premeditated murder. This clearly is National get high day today. The post around here are beyond their normal weirdness today
  10. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

444 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Where is he allowed to work?
  11. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    I expect it from other teams fans.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,250 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    Plus the fact that he not only has this charge, he has another that has also been placed against him for a former crime. He will have to beat both of those charges and by that time, as you have said above, there will be other TEs coming into the league. Never mind the fact that he will be getting older and his body will be away from Football. He's not going to be able to just hire a personal trainer to stay in shape, to say nothing of the Commish and what he may decide to do.

His career, IMO, is effectively over.
    skinsscalper likes this.
  13. Doomsday101

75,095 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    Yep I think you are pretty much on the mark
  14. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    accidental manslaughter vs. 1st degree per-meditated murder?
  15. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    I'm convinced there are people on this site who look for reasons to criticize the Dallas Cowboys. Makes me wonder if they really are fans or just trolls.
  16. ware1manarmy

ware1manarmy Member

77 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I hate to break to you, but when people are drunk, they rarely make a conscious decision as alcohol inhibits your ability to do so
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,250 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    The thing that I guess I don't understand very well is how Hernandez got so screwed up? I mean, he's from Bristol Ct.. I am not all that familiar with Bristol but I don't recall it being a real crime wave hot spot. I know he went to Florida and I'm certain that there are elements there that can lead you in the wrong direction but this seems like it's a little deeper then that. He seems to have a destructive sort of behavior about him and I am just wondering where that developed? It's kinda weird to me but whatever.
  18. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    have you ever drank and sat behind the wheel of a car?
  19. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,136 Messages
    1,995 Likes Received
    Someone probably separated a shoulder in the "reach attempt" to connect the Brent case to what is going on in New England.
    cajuncocoa and cbow44 like this.
  20. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,650 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    Accountability and intent are separate entities.

Brent should be held accountable for drinking alcohol and driving in an incident that killed his friend. However, his intent was never to kill his friend.

Hernandez should be held accountable if he is indeed guilty of murdering somebody. Hernandez's intent was allegedly to purposely kill another person.

I could see keeping Brent on the team given the situation. Now I think that with him allegedly failing a drug test, he doesn't deserve any more chances from the organization.

I believe the Patriots have people who are retired FBI or cops (every team has them) and I believe they received good word that Hernandez was going to be arrested for murder and that he looks awfully guilty, so they decided to cut him before he was officially arrested. Had he not been arrested or the Patriots thought he may not have done it, I believe they would not have released him.

YR