1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hey guys and gals...are we going to win today?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lane, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,417 Messages
    6,475 Likes Received
    It's hard to travel halfway across the country on a short week and play on the grand stage. Particularly when you're a bad team like the Raiders. It would take a major bleeping of the bed to lose this one. Even if they come out flat to start the game.

Cowboys 27
    Raiders 10

7-5 ..... and then the real season begins.
  2. jesusdlg

jesusdlg Member

159 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Of course we'll win today!

;) Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
  3. mrmojo

mrmojo Active Member

764 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    We should and it shouldn't be close....Dallas 35-17.
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I'm going to say yes but......this team handles success horribly. A close loss wouldn't shock me.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I see ole Mike Jenkins having a tough time covering Bryant. On turkey day Romo is always great and the crowds bring a lot of electricity. If the defense can get a few stops it should be a good day.
  6. visionary

visionary Benched

7,264 Messages
    1,909 Likes Received
    We win today going away
  7. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,076 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    I think we'll win if we can stop the Raiders running game in the red zone a couple times, or take the ball away from them before they get there. It would be nice to get out to an early 2 score lead which would force them to pass more often. I like the Boys in this one 27-16.
  8. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    What a coincidence, I plan on making several short dumps today too.
    lane likes this.
  9. TINGS21

TINGS21 New Member

28 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Yes, by a fair margin.

Cowboys- 31
    Raiders- 13
    Get some!

I hope it doesn't cause a sluggish performance next Monday when I'm in the "Whinny City"
  10. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Raiders 1-4 on the road, long trip, short week, rookie quarterback, missing a starting receiver. I would be utterly shocked if we lose this game...

...Raiders 52, Cowboys 17. Hahaha! I kid.
  11. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Agreed. The key to the game is to get the Raiders away from what they do best...running the ball. That means getting Church close to the line of scrimmage, especially early in the game. Lee being out really hurts us in this game because he is by far our best run stopper.

On offensive, get out to a quick lead. If they can get out to a 2 score lead in the first half, it will make life a lot easier in the 2nd half. Keep the pressure on and force them to throw the ball. I see Hatcher being a mismatch against their guards. I see a big day for him rushing the passer. That's when, hopefully, we can get a few turnovers.

There's the blueprint. I'll leave the details up to the coaches. Now go do it!!!
  12. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Check out the arm? McGloin is widely considered to have a very average arm. Good decision maker, mediocre arm.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,945 Messages
    4,798 Likes Received
    This Raiders team has a bad record, but they're not a bad team. Other than that blowout loss to the Eagles, they've played teams tough, for the most part. Including Denver at Denver (relatively). They've beaten San Diego, and Pitsburgh, fwtw. I think this is a team that ordinarily would play us pretty closely with that running game. Maybe the way MIN did.

The fact that they're playing on a short week and in DAL makes things look a lot better for us today. I do expect us to win, and fairly handily, but wouldn't be shocked with a very close game or even a close loss if we're not careful.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,945 Messages
    4,798 Likes Received
    Yeah, I had to read that one twice, too. This game's going to be all about the short passing game and defending the run. Hopefully, we get up relatively quickly and put them in a tough place offensively in the first half.
  15. cowboys2233

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I think the Giants win makes things a lot better too. Losing a big game like that could have resulted in a hangover. Now? I think the team is pretty amped up, feeling good, and ready to make a strong stretch run. Hopefully.
    Idgit likes this.
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't know. The raiders looked extremely physical against the texans and titans. they can line up and run the ball. Our linebackers have looked awful against the run. That's a big problem today.

The other side is they blitz a lot with their secondary and hopefully we don't get confused. If we pick it up we should make some huge plays down the field on it.

All I do know Is it is going to be weird for me watching a home game on tv.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,867 Messages
    3,340 Likes Received
    The Raiders are sub .500 so yes we will win.
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    That doesn't mean anything, San Diego is also and the raiders beat them.

It's not about records it's about how teams match up against each other and today it appears they should run at will and we should pass at will so we will have to wait and see I guess.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,867 Messages
    3,340 Likes Received
    It does for the Cowboys. This year we beat every sub .500 team we have played and lost to every plus .550 team we have played I believe.
  20. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,076 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Everyone on the NFL Network panel picked the cowboys, even Marshall Faulk. He said the Raiders might get 300 yards rushing, but the Cowboys would win anyway.