1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hey Jerry! San Fran going for the 6th Superbowl Trophy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ilovejerry, Jan 20, 2013.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    There are other teams to be a fan of you know. No one is forcing you to be a Cowboy fan.
  2. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Sounds like you have it all figured out.
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,178 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    No one is forcing you to read this message board either, or anyone's posts who you don't like.

No one's even forcing you to have an opinion. You are welcome to debate mine and other's negative views of Jerry and the team. In fact I welcome that. That's why I post on message boards, not to read "rah rah, we all agree that everything is awesome!"

(unless everything was in fact, totally awesome, which would be pretty cool)
  4. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received

YOUR JOKING RIGHT???????
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Yes, clearly.
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Some of you guys need to reel it in.

Certainly it's frustrating watching the success of other franchises while the one you cheer for continues to spin its wheels.

There are going to be negative and positive emotions about the team.
    The problem starts when a "negative" poster won't see the positive in any situation, and the "sunshine" poster won't even admit to a negative.

Then the bickering starts. As others have stated, use the ignore feature...or don't respond to a thread. Pretty simple concept in my opinion.
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,721 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    DarthJerrah: 18 teams gave been the Superbowl since the Cowboys have. None of those 18 teams’ owners is also the GM.”
  8. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,488 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    There's something wrong with your math. 17 years ago, it was January 1996. We were on our way to winning our 5th Super Bowl.

In December 1996 we won a playoff game against the Vikings
    In January 2010 we won a playoff game against the Eagles

By my count, that's 3 in 17 years. Sure, it would be nice if we had 15 rings in that time, but we don't.

You're always free to choose another team. Remember, a lot of those teams who are winning it all now were drooling when WE were winning it all in the 70s and 90s.
  9. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  10. cajuncocoa

2,488 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    If I disliked the Cowboys as much as some here, I would definitely find another team!
  11. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Just wondering why people aren't told to use the ignore function when they come into normal threads discussing actual football and crap all over it.

It actually has nothing to do with opinions. It has everything to do with behavior. So no, not clearly.
  12. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    And there's certainly a wide variety. I have no idea why they continue to hang around and watch such a horrible franchise that upsets them so much they feel the need to whine about it 10x a day.
  13. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    The validity of your statement hinges entirely on your definition of a "normal thread" and which behavior you attribute to which opinions.
  14. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Look I understand what you're preaching Believe it or not Im a glass is half full guy. I understand the effects of positive thinking. and being negative does nobody any good, You know what watching the Niners win and go to the SB tonight just sickened me! cant help it Cowboy fan thru thick and thin, Just like you I'm sure but if that doesn't just bother you watching them win with a new coach who just walked in and got to the SB. Then your outlook a admit is way more brighter then mine at this point in time
  15. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I really dont know how to answer you. Im not just saying that to be funny, I mean have you seen this team in the last 17 years? we have 1. one playoff win and what 3 appearances is that good to you. We are not the Browns or Bengals WE are the DALLAS COWBOYS.
  16. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    doesn't matter .....don't worry about the 69ers and their QB who looks like he belongs on JERSEY SHORE....the killer is gonna let him have it good.....
    The Ravens D isn't Atlanta's.....
  17. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    It bothers me but I think we are building something good. I also think we will focus on the lines over the next two years. Yeah losing sucks. I don't like Jerry Jones either. I like the Cowboys though and I don't use every chance I get to bash them. Not saying you do or don't. I don't know if you do. I lumped you in with a bunch of people who do that on this board. It's not fair so I apologize. It gets old and just makes the entire fan base look whiney. And like my father would always say "I don't care what the other people are doing." That's my response when people say look at that fan base or that other fan base. I don't care about them because they are the Cowboys fans base.
  18. cajuncocoa

2,488 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    We WERE the DALLAS COWBOYS. Now we're the Dallas Cowboys. See? We have a great history, but we can't live in the past. The present is not as bright as the past was, but I'll keep hoping that we'll put the pieces back together one day.

It took the Saints franchise 25 years to win one playoff game, and in their 44 year history, they have only one Super Bowl appearance (win). We have 8 appearances and 5 wins. Even though they are a better team than the Cowboys right now, I wouldn't trade my experience as a Cowboys fan with that of a Saints fan for anything.
  19. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Because were brainwashed pure and simple it's not so easy to turn it off, Its like a car crash you look. Sundays are a car cash, By now means am I saying we should win a SB every year, But the last 17 years have been awful and its not getting better tell me how it is. Explain to me convince me please. But know is it gets easier I tell you this I dot watch ESPN anymore or the NFL channel when football season is over I try not to watch other teams, I did keep on eye on todays game because I really don't want the niners to get 6. I watched the Steelers do it and was just Sick, So I'm sure Ill sit and watch the niners win it and get back on here and Complain, But thats it then i'm don't till pre season. any news I look on here to get. and thats it.
  20. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,338 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Look I really believed Jerry cared thats why Im so upset. Look at my name IloveJerry that wasn't for a joke he fooled me no doubt. So after 17 years with this man playing with this team like its a toy model he cant fix it he doesn't know what to do, it's apparent NO? isn't it.. he brought in Parcels to get us competitive so he could make that stadium and now where are we. Hiring firing coaches ever year takes a toll on the team you cant just flip a switch and say ok this coach will fix this it doesn't work. This team needs some sort of direction,Identity and it doesn't have it. Its Jerry's Team thats what we have and its really not good enough. What am I missing ? what makes you think we are on the road to fix this ? Im not just some band wagon fair weather fan Ihave been a fan for a long time, and it really looks very bleak right now and watching the niners win tonight just drove it home thats all i'm saying, as a cowboy fan you have to appreciate that no?