1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hey Jerry! San Fran going for the 6th Superbowl Trophy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ilovejerry, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I understand and know our History very well, But right there you're comparing us to the Saints man the saints....When in g-ds green earth would we be ever compared to the Aints. Thats Insane !!!!!! Im I the only one here that sees this please please help me of the ledge
  2. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I never said WE suck I said ( did I say we suck? well we do suck. ) Hey Jerry San frans getting number 6....
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,040 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    sorry, i can't see past your constant whining.
  4. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Do you want to debate if we suck or not thats what you want? Then again sucking is relative isn't it 5-11 8-8 7-9 what qualifies a team sucking? How about our draft? What about our coach? or lack of or hiring and firing one every other year? Can one's team not suck if his Defense does? Or what about his Gm? Owner? QB? these are questions that need to be answered if we are to find out if we suck or how we proceed to think or debate we suck. Do we just do it on our records. Team history. I dont know these questions need to be addressed?
  5. iceberg

28,040 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    it seems you said something. a few things happened.

i didn't care.

a strange sense of deja vu overwhelmed me.

when you can figure things out, let's talk. if all you wanna do is whine, to go california.
  6. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received

ahhhh come on now you're not being fair I don't always whine. What is there to be excited about? You know what I'm open.You tell me seriously what is there to be excited about. I'm all ears or eyes
  7. iceberg

28,040 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    goodnight john boy.
  8. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Let me ask you this your happy the niners may win there 6th?
  9. iceberg

28,040 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    there is no accusation. just statement of fact.
  10. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received

The fact that we suck ? or the fact that the niners are going for there 6th SB
  11. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Skins fan is one of the most level-headed posters on this board.

Granted, he's obviously enjoying the meltdowns and turmoil, but the point here is still spot-on.
  12. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    He would know, look where he's been for the Last 18 years..Plus his owner isn't the joke of the NFL anymore Ours is !
  13. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,319 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Maybe people here will feel better if they stop comparing the Cowboys to the 49ers and Steelers. Sure it was nice having as many Super Bowl rings as those two for awhile. But it wasn't always that way.

The Steelers were ahead of the Cowboys as soon as they won their 3rd against us in XIII (1979) and until we won our 3rd in XXVII (1993). That's XIV years (14). The 49ers won their 3rd in XXIII (1988). They were up on us for 5 years. They had 4 when we won our 3rd in 1993; we tied them in XXVIII (1994)....they won their 5th in Super Bowl XXIX (1995) and we won our 5th in Super Bowl XXX (1996). So we were NEVER ahead of the 49ers after 1988. (And the 80s sucked just as much as this decade has.)

Enjoy the Cowboys for who they are, stop having 49er and Steeler envy. I hate them too, but we still have 5 trophies which is 4 or 5 more than quite a few NFL franchises. We WILL have another one day. But I'm proud of the Cowboys even if we don't.
    Your posts make it sound as though this is eating you all up inside. Nothing is worth that. Let it go!!
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,581 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    Just for the record, before Jerry arrived, the Cowboys had won only two Super Bowls, and there were several teams with more or just as many. Under Jerry's management, the Cowboys more than doubled their Lombardi count. I credit Jerry for that...and I'm one of his harshest critics on here.
  15. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Appreciate that. Our teams are both in the same "spinning wheels" cycle. Coaching carousel, bad luck, bad moves, bad drafts, silly fans, etc.

I am not numb to it as some here seem to be, but I tend to look at both sides of it as not to get unbalanced.

Very true. However Dan like Jerry will get criticized regardless of whether the situation is within their control or not.

Only thing I will say about Jerry is that...I am not sure he is tired of being middle of the road. I think Dan was tired of being a bottom feeder and that's why they went after Shanahan, Griffin, and Cousins.

To me the biggest problem for the Cowboys is depth across the board. The Redskins were forced to add relatively cheap depth because of the Griffin pick. But the other issue is Coaching, where I do believe the Redskins are better. Of course the Cowboys need to address the OL, Safety spots, DL, etc. But depth is the key.

The 49ers have really solid depth.
  16. iceberg

28,040 Messages
    1,060 Likes Received
    he put out a great post. not reactionary, but understanding.

we've got far too many "reactionary" posters whining.

if the word "whining" offends you - stop doing it.
  17. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Snyder is a fan of the Skins. He takes it personally as a punch to the gut each time they lose. There are stories about him sitting angrily in the dark alone at the stadium for hours after losses. He stayed largely away from the spotlight this year, and made it about the team. Could JJ ever do that? Of course not. He was banging to get into the locker room and be interviewed after some loss this season. That's his thing.

JJ is a fan of money.

That's why ego and celebrity status crosses JJ's mind when the team is successful. He wants the credit and adoration. He was gritting his teeth when the team won because Jimmy was adored as the architect. Jimmy knew how to push his buttons about it. I love that about Jimmy.

Jerry cares about being on the front page and being successful. Biggest/best stadium, most lucrative franchise, most popular, etc etc etc.

None of those things correlate with winning rings.

That being said, do we sit here and just complain about Jerry over and over again? I don't see the point. It's just not productive.
  18. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received

Cant stop comparing them we are Americas Team we are still the team with 8 appearances I would rather compare us to them then the saints. The Packers are catching up to us the Giants pretty soon the whole league will be on par.

The 80s really didn't suck that bad, the beginning was tough because Staubach retired and White stepped in and we got to have some great exciting close games and we went to 3 Championships which we lost and that was hard the end was brutal. but when Jerry and Jimmy came in I was so excited I loved aikman. and we just built a great team. Look free agency salary cap and parity has hurt us no doubt but we need to get this team n the right direction and quick.
    Your posts make it sound as though this is eating you all up inside. Nothing is worth that

80s started out tough cause of staubach retiring but ended up great D White was a great follow up went to three championships Then it was brutal, JJ's were great built a juggernaut, and then well were here now and its tough parity salary cap free agency NFL isn't the same I understand but we need some direction and flow to this team

Your posts make it sound as though this is eating you all up inside. Nothing is worth that

It may sound like im going postal but really in all honesty saw the niners going to the SB and it bothered me ( obviously) but in two weeks if they win or lose wont give it a second thought. Still be a Cowboys fan and will watch and scream and holler and be aggravated same ole but what I cant understand is Cowboys fans who just sit there and every thing is great no problems wait till next year attitude without being upset really just boggles my mind
  19. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    But what your missing is they were in 5 SB's ( more then anyone) They should of won SB 5 ( I know shoulda coulda. ) just lost SB XVIII I thought they should have one that one. Jackie smith I still hate you !! now lets look at this

packers 2
    Miami 2
    Pittsburgh 3 (one we should have won)
    Thats the 70's

So we clearly were in the most SB and in the early 80s we were still challenging 3 NFC championships
    Then we died I mean really died
    Enter Jerry and Jimmy
    I would love to credit Jerry ( and I did vehemently ) But you know what as an owner he was great he gave Jimmy every thing he wanted but Now I dont want to get into a huge debate with Jimmy Jerry firing thats he said she said So Ill give you it was great Jerry gets credit on the three 100%.

But where are we NOW right NOW. Do you know we had only two coaches in our history. Since Jerry took over now it's a freaking yearly event. Look 17 years when is he gonna take some accountability. I dont know its really not looking good for him
  20. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,321 Messages
    17 Likes Received

Look i'm done with you, Tried to have a conversation but you want to keep blabing jibberish This is my thread and if I want to whine.( whatever you say ) I'll do that you don't like it beat it go read someone else post. What i find funny is you keep coming back here to react to my whining you must like it because if you didnt you would BE GONE so buh-bye