1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hill: Marinelli and Nutt Hired

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CoachHodnett, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    I think it's a pretty safe assumption at this point that Garrett is staying. :)

I'd also say this is probably a consensus decision where the changes were driven by Jerry in the first place. But I'm sure Garrett had plenty of input.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,879 Messages
    4,447 Likes Received
    Hey, Coach what's up. So what's your take on Nutt?
  3. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,555 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Isn't Nutt responsible for the Jones / McFadden combo that was in Arkansas? If so, I would like that kind of mixup here.

Of course I don't think Jones will be here unless that kind of mixup works good for the team this year. Plain old running up the middle is not working for him. Worthless if we expect him to do that.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Good hires. What's up with OC?
  5. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Are you British?

I hope they keep Eberflus. He did some amazing patchwork. I liked Sims and Albright.
  6. LowTech

LowTech the most important member

1,800 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Everyone seems to forget where razorback football was before Nutt got there.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,433 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    I don't know why the Skip Peete firing would necessary be driven by Jerry. Now, Nutt might have been brought in by Jerry, but it doesn't make sense to me to believe Jerry would tell Jason he's firing Peete without Garrett wanting him gone.

Ryan could be all Jerry, but I don't think so. I think there are things being leaked out that might have had to do with Jerry and Jason wanting him gone ... and Garrett had more ties to Kiffin than Jones did.
  8. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,607 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    Ya think?

:laugh2:
  9. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,562 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    :puke:
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    One post said Jerry should get the credit and the next said Garrett is doing the hiring. Everybody hires coaches I guess.
  11. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I will take your word on Nutt: what LowTech said is a fact: he did a great job at Arky and if he had it to do over again would probably still be there. So I'm OK with Nutt....

....I can NOT tell you how happy I am with Marinelli.....holy CRAP is this a GREAT HIRE!!!!!!! So happy about this it's hard to put into words. I live in Michigan and although I've never been a Lions fan (loyal to the Cowboys I grew up watching with my Grandpa who was from Brownsville, TX) I can tell you guys Rod Marinelli is a MAN's MAN AND A GREAT COACH....he almost worked himself into a nervous breakdown with the Lions and couldn't overcome the dysfunctional clown show that posed for a front office. He was SO good with Tampa and Kiffin before and was also VERY good with the Bears. Their line was VERY good despite the only big name being Julius Peppers. I'D ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT I HEARD ON SPORTS RADIO IN CHICAGO TODAY THAT NEW BEARS COACH MARC TRESTMAN OFFERED TO RETAIN HIM AS DC AND HE DECLINED!!!!!!!!!!!! IF as another poster said, he's the DC in waiting after Kiffin, I am STOKED. I will also say I feel better about Kiffin now that Marinelli is here. You guys are gonna LOVE him. I have HIGH HOPES he can convince Melton to come here if they don't franchise him......banner day: HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :bow: :)
  12. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Exactly. Jerry was able to lure the ALL WORLD Coach Houston Nutt. This guy is an immediate game changer. We are going to win the Super Bowl for sure now. Jerry is the best GM ever!
  13. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

you rang....

[IMG]
  14. thewireman

thewireman Member

840 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Has this been confirmed?
  15. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    What you meant to type was...there with yet more country club atmosphere at Valley Ranch?

Jerry bringing in a buddy for a job he's not qualified to coach. I just threw up in my mouth (again).
  16. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

338 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'm actually kind of excited about the Marinelli hire. He worked well with Kiffin at Tampa Bay back in the day. Nutt coached Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas, two guys that didn't need much coaching.:)
  17. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    Heard on GAC that they might go Cally, but run JG offense. Stupid move IMO.
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    That's the one I'm waiting on.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    They need to bring someone in.

A move like you said would do nothing but set up Garrett to take playcalling back after the first bad offensive performance of the season.
  20. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    two defensive cordinators on defense. jones and garrett trying hard to fix this defense. now we need help on the d-line to make it work.