1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hill: Monte Kiffen won't force cover 2 scheme...interviewed w/JG and JG today

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,045 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Kevin Greene - 160
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,035 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I was thinking the exact same thing.
  3. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Plenty of older guys in the NFL, & I am sure Jerry & Jason are trying to stay away from the guys looking to build their resume for a Head Coaching job...
  4. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Still would rather have Kirby smart :/
  5. bounce

bounce Active Member

572 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    If they do, they're ridiculous. I'd love to have Ware pin his ears back and go after the QB on every down.
  6. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

932 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Jerry wants someone old like him that knows the game..:rolleyes:
  7. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    4-3 allows the DL to go all out and rush the passer forget that contain bs . That's why you have 3 awesome LBs who can fly to the football ( in 4-3)
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    73 is the new 53 right? :)
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    I forgot about him.

So maybe 50 away yet. That's a ton of sacks.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,367 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Kevin Greene with 160.0, which is 3rd all time. LT is 2nd as a LB with 132.5. Ware is 5th among LBs and has 111.0. Rickey Jackson and Derrick Thomas are 3rd and 4th.
  11. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,587 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    I think it's funny, too. People think the game has passed these guys by, but there's no evidence it has. Sometimes a little wisdom and know-how should be treasured.
  12. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't get it either. I guess people have so little regard for Demarcus Ware as a football player that they don't think he can make a transition that Kevin Greene, Charles Haley, Chris Doleman and untold numbers of guys who couldn't hold DeMarcus Ware's jock have made before.
  13. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

4,865 Messages
    106 Likes Received

Dick LeBeau is 75, he must of lost the fire 3 years ago too...oh wait that's right his defense played in the SB in 2008 and 2010.
  14. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    All this age stuff is really getting on my nerves.

First it was Brent is too old to be commenting on a beautiful female, now this guy is too old to be DC. Now I'm nowhere near that age, but some people are 73 when they are in their 40s.

Age isn't chronological, its mental. If he can't mentally handle it, he shouldn't get the job, but chronological age has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of younger guys we could hire that aren't mentally capable of doing the job.
  15. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,471 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I already said I don't think he's necessarily too old. :rolleyes:

But not everyone is Lebeau. Those years made a big difference to Parcells. I know people personally who changed a lot in that time.
  16. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,453 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    I still can't believe he racked up 111 in 8 years.

It's gotta be next to impossible to do something like that. It's easy to say JJ Watt has the potential but you never know these days.
  17. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    Say what again? How do you figure? He didn't play end he didn't play his hand on the ground. He played OLB and he didn't read the run option the right way which most teams had an issue with. Obviously when he goes to end he will have different responsiblities. I wouldn't call Ware having a bad game where the other team designed to attack him due to his injury a "problem" or an "issue" I would say the other team did a damn good job at exploting the "injury". The guy is a smart football player and I would bet that this over pursing thing is a myth based off those 2 games. He has always been very good as a run stopper. Maybe not as good as Spencer, but than again they have different responsibilities in the 3-4.
  18. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,150 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    If he was really "Smart" he would keep coaching in Alabama. That's the best job in football :)
  19. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    So, what do they do "best"?

I assume, "man-to-man" coverage? I hope they are up in the wr's face vs 10 yds back.
  20. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,198 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    If the media reports are to be believed, Kiffin wants back in the NFL, he's told KC no, and now he's assuring JJ and JG that he'll let Carr/Claiborne do what they do best. Sounds like someone who wants this job.

At this point, I'll be surprised if this DOESN'T happen.