1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hillary Accepts SOS.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,388 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    I read they're still in talks, but it's pretty much a deal, at this point.

Also read that Bill Richardson was offered the Secretary of Commerce spot.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081121/bs_nm/us_usa_obama
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hadn't read that about Richardson, he would be a great pick for Secretary of Commerce.
  4. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    CHANGE....to the past.
  5. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this doesnt make sense to me. I thought she would be better suited for Health and Human Services with her health care plan. She doesnt seem like a diplomat to me. Im surprised there are so many "Clintonistas" on the Obama team to start with. Talk about back to the past

Anyway, I guess that's why im not a politician, although I did stay at a Holiday Inn express...
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Obama knows he's in over his head in this and is looking for anyone who can cover his tracks. Which is why he is going back to the Scandal laden Clinton regime for help.
  7. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Will Monica be asked to come back and handle the White House drycleaning?
  8. bootsy

bootsy Benched

892 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CHANGE to when times were better than the past 8 years.

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ahh the good old days of bipartisan politics.

:lmao2:

Whitewater, monica, Rose law firm, Julio Gonzalez, Waco....

Yep, waaaayyyy better.

The only terror attacks on us, were by us.

Very nice.
  10. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you are right. I guess that is why he picked Biden also. I thought that was a terrible pick right off the bat.

lol maybe he is looking for people to deflect criticism too also. Biden and Hillary will be criticism magnets.
  11. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Not a whole lot of change going on IMO...

Polotics as usual...
  12. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's too bad Obama didn't reach across the aisle and nab Palin for the position. She seemed so knowledgeable.
  13. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah and as Governor she had the responsibility of protecting America when Putin reared his head.:lmao2:
  14. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that interview was terrible obviously. It was a train wreck

However, that wasnt as outlandish a claim as some think (check link). It's obvious what she meant, but she couldnt come out and say it. That is probably why the delivery and rambling on that question was so terrible.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2008/08/commanding-the.html

anyway, everyone has a bad interview. The rest of hers were solid and they got better as she got along. Remember, she was focused on governing her state when Palin was suddenly thrown into the national spotlight with no preparation. She didnt have 20 months to polish her national platform pretty much away from the spotlight like some candidates. Considering that fact, it's amazing that Palin did was well as she did.
  15. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    at least she knows there arent 57 states....and that 10,000 people didnt die in the Mississippi river flood (if Palin would have made either of those comments that Obama did, she would not get such a pass obviously)

but Obama gets a pass because he went to ivy league schools...so he is obviously "brilliant" even though he made some ridiculous comments.

btw, did you see Biden's interview with Couric a week earlier than Palin? It wasnt much better.
  16. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What the heck are you talking about? I was referencing back to the Charlie Gibson interview. The only other 'real' interview she gave was with Katie Couric, and that was even worse. Charlie Gibson was a train wreck, and the Couric interview was Katrina incarnate. After that the campaign kept her away from the press. So I'm not really sure what "solid" interviews you are talking about, because I can only remeber her giving two, and both were miserable by any standard. In fact the second one she couldn't express complete thoughts. Joe the Plumber was more articulate. It is really sad that someone like that could have been a heart beat away from the presidency.
  17. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what about the Charlie Gibson interview was bad? Give examples (difficult I know)
  18. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  19. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is a difference between misspeaking and obviously not know something. Let me ask you something: Do you honestly think that Obama doesn't know there are 50 states in the Union?

Are you kidding me? Biden's interview was way better. When Couric asked Palin about the economy, I don't know what the heck she was talking about. She just jumped from one incomplete thought to another; it was a mess.
  20. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no I dont believe that

politicians often misspeak in the grind of a campaign. Obama had a lot of gaffes when he first started running, but he got better as the campaign went on, although he continued making errors throughout. The media sure made it easier for him by suppressing gaffes that he made while amplifying gaffes that Hillary or Palin made.

the problem that I have is the double standard in the media. Their coverage in this election was pretty chicken **** imo. The give Obama and Biden a pass for everything

I guess you arent going to give specific examples of what specific answers you had a problem with? It shouldnt be that difficult.

You must have been watching something different than I was. That interview was solid....and it was CERTAINLY not a "train wreck". That is absurd. The only train wreck interview was with Couric, and it was a train wreck lol