1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

HOL Mock V1

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm about a week late on my first attempt. I usually like to get one out the first week of March but I have been holding off to see what Jerry will do next. Also as I have tweaked this a little for the last couple days I realize there is no way in blue hell Jerry keeps all these picks. I expect a busy trading day for Jones and company.

Finally, I really need to try and get an update out ahead of Hostile. For the last 2 years I have noticed our mocks are always very similar. We don't always agree on the slots but the same names seem to pop up.

Enjoy, rip or praise........

Sorry, no breakdown. I save that for Aprils mocks.

Rd 2 (#51): Darry Beckwith ILB LSU
    Rd 3 (#69): Cody Brown OLB Connecticut
    Rd 4 (#97): Kevin Barnes CB Maryland
    Rd 4 (#113): Rhett Bomar QB Sam Houston St
    Rd 5 (#148): Chris Clemons FS Clemson
    Rd 5 (#158): Louis Vasquez OG Texas Tech
    Rd 5 (Comp): Mike Wallace WR Mississippi
    Rd 6 (#184): Cornelius Lewis OT Tennesse St
    Rd 6 (Comp): Roger Allen OG Missouri Western St
    Rd 7 (#193): Chris Baker NT Hampton
    Rd 7 (#210): Ra’Shon Harris NT Oregon
  2. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I wanted to slate Delmas for #51 which I knew you would love but I think the man has worked himself out of our reach.
  4. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ya it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense now..but I'm excited for BPA.
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Really at this point if we move Scandrick to Star and with the signing of Gerald FS becomes more of an issue. Who do we really have behind Hamlin except Battle, while at SS we have Gerald, Scandrick (sort of), and Watkins.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,601 Messages
    570 Likes Received

My understanding of the "Star" position, as it relates to Scandrick, is that it is more of a FS, playing deep center field on the base downs and moving to the slot in nickel / dime packages. The Star position was more a SS when Woodson played, b/c he had natural center fielders like Brock Marion & Teague playing alongside him.

So in your scenario, the missing piece is a SS, not FS. Sensabaugh is the only true SS on the roster now, with Keith Davis unsigned. Hamlin, Battle, Watkins, Brown and even Scandrick are more like FS, in play and/or size.
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Lewis and Wallace. Wallace would be a WR to take in round 4, I think.
    Lewis is a 3rd to fourth round caliber player. It will be intersting to see where he goes.

Dallas let Scandrick fall all the way to round 5, and he didn't have anything close to Lewis' baggage.
  8. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like most every player on your list, but if the Boys want Chris Baker, they'd best think about using the first of their two fifth round picks on him... that boy's rising the charts pretty fast...
  9. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    Little light on linemen for my taste
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I wouldn't take Baker with any pick. No thugs or idiots, please.