1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hollywood Reacts To Palin

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Aikbach, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,658 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    It is my profound pleasure to report to you this day from inside the walls of Paramount Pictures, where I work for a production company here in Hollywood, California.

I am the rare species of libertarian/paleo-conservative that works within the entertainment industry; and to my silent amusement I took pleasure in the rattled state of the industry this morning.

Positively rattled my friends, the chief accusation bemoaned by the feminists and hyper-partisans was "She's so mean!"

Well bless your heart were your feelings hurt by little ol' Sarah Palin?

Perhaps the truth is abrasive to many ears but it must be said just the same. That is for those that actually bothered to listen to the Governor and not just deride the hearsay and conjecture their peers offered them to adopt as their own opinions.

Many of these same persons that cried "meanie' responded with ironic venom in response to her ascension to the Republican ticket and her likelihood to be a future American president; that's right I did say President.

Others tried to quickly dismiss her words as having been penned by Bush speechwriters.

What precisely is wrong with Bush's speech writing?

As the written word it is often impressive, its our dear president that lacks oratory eloquence and not the paper he reads from, nor have I ever detected "mean spiritedness" in the speeches or everyday language of the incumbent Commander in Chief.

The answer therefore seems to hinge on blind partisanship, the secular messiah was defied, the Emperor was told he had no clothes and the faithful were displeased to see the curtain was pulled back on the Wizard of Oz.

So in response, keeping with their own noble terms of explaining their opposition, I heard people complaining about third person tales of Palin's husband changing dirty diapers before embarking to the RNC Convention; was this meant to be an insult? For a father to behave like a father?
    That's how you choose to counter her well delivered and unmasking speech? To complain about fatherhood? Sadly the arrested development that grips much this town makes many ignorant of what living for someone apart from yourself looks like. (It seems to be no coincidence that the lone father in the office votes Republican)

Palin truthfully sought to compliment Obama's strengths, he's poised and a polished man behind the podium, but she didn't allow that to divert attention away from rightly questioning his politics and the substance they lack.

And she rightfully rebuked his naive and tactless treatment of the Bible Belt and Middle America; it does not sit well with regions that must be won in order to claim the White House if you choose to talk down to them instead of lifting them up, and the insult of doing it behind one's back is especially hurtful.

Was he not hinging his campaign upon the prospects of hope and change through the sheer gravitas and inspiration of his own presence?
    Why then cynically skewer a people before a different crowd when your promise is to unite on common ground.

I'm afraid these are the nicest rebukes I can offer Mr.Obama, his stance on many issues inspires conviction to oppose him with great urgency; not the inspiration he would've liked to have summoned but to his credit he has indeed inspired just the same.

The moans of Hollywood are the sounds that the right thing has been done, when the fringes of society are induced to fearful snideness in response to a conservative candidate, it is a sign that true progress has been made.

Hollywood fancies itself the changer of culture, indeed it is, the nation is well advised to heed what the personal sentiments of many of the industry insider's adhere to and act differently than they accordingly.

-Aikbach
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    This is funny to watch...

Sarah's Coming... (sung to the tune of Bigfoot's Comin')

"Sarah's coming
    Gonna getcha, gonna getcha
    Sarah's coming
    So you better watch out
    Lock your doors
    Board your windows
    Sarah's on the prowl"
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,807 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    Aikbach ..... if you are not a writer ...... you should be.

Well Done.
  4. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The truth usually hurts.

You have a talent, very good post.
  5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am curious, if you hate hollywood and the people so much why live and work there?

I would happily switch with you.
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    I'm not detecting hate.

People aren't required to dislike each other simply because vast political chasms exist between them. They can even engage in heated debates and good-natured ribbing without harboring any lingering animosity.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Paleo:

1. Ancient; prehistoric; old; archaic.
    2. Early; primitive.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Didn't see him say he hates hollywood or it's people anywhere in his post.

By the way, Aikbach... impressive.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yes I know that, but all I ever see on this part of the forum is complaining and attacking of the same things, hollywood being one of them.

I am just curious why he would go there or stay there if he dislikes there way of life so much?
  10. ScipioCowboy

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    He dislikes a certain aspect of Hollywood culture. I'm certain there are other aspects of which he's quite enamored.

For instance, I graduated from the University of Texas--arguably the most liberal and secular of the major colleges in the Southwest. Yet, even as a religious conservative, I loved UT, and still cherish my experiences there.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Ok Man. I am just asking him. Its interesting to me. I am not looking for an argument just curious. I have asked him many times what he does there but he will never tell me!!!

I am always interested in people who work in the industry and I like to know as much about it as I can. No biggy.
  12. ScipioCowboy

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    I apologize. I should never have answered for him. I've noticed that Aikbach is seldom one to reply back. It's nothing against him, just an observation.:D
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Wow, I thought this was going to be a paparazzi rag post.

Aikbach, I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner. Nice job sir and thanks for sharing.
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    No problem. I was just curious to hear it from him. I am fascinated with the production end of hollywood and really all of the tv and film industry. So whenever there are people to talk to about it I tray and jump on the chance.

Like you said though aikbach doesnt respond much and he has never told me what he does!!!

and actually I would just like to hear stuff from his job, I could care less what people's politics are honestly!!
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I thought for sure that you were one and the same given the unlikelihood of two seemingly intelligent people harboring such quaint political beliefs. ;)
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Harboring and quaint...

Where have you been Sasquatch? I was afraid a couple of dudes from Georgia had you in some kind of oversized cooler.
  17. ScipioCowboy

14,749 Messages
    1,946 Likes Received
    Just two?

Do you read this board with any regularity?:p:

And, yes, I did see the "intelligent" qualification, but I'll casually attempt to overlook it (and I concede it's a very poor attempt at overlooking).
  18. Aikbach

9,658 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    More like time tested and mother approved:D.
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    "Say goodbye to Hollywood.... say goodbye my baby!"
  20. Aikbach

9,658 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Ok, first of all I am thankful for the polite replies.
    Secondly it seems people have been trying to pin down what I do and why I do it.

I am rather low on the industry totem poll, a glorified fly on the wall in some instances, and an indispensable asset in others, I am a producer's assistant. For privacy reasons I will refrain from revealing whom I work for but his name is Lorenzo diBonaventura (he used to be the head of Warner Bros. before becoming a producer and green lit pics like "The Matrix"), doh!;)

We make blockbuster movies (Transformers, 1408, Contstantin, Transformers 2, probably Transformers 3 and many other sequels for you suckers in the genrral public;)), I aspire to be a writer one day, I for now learn and endure a cut throat and often dehumanizing industry; one rife with politics.

I'll put it this way, love or hate Ronald Reagan he was well trained.
    Why do I suffer through this glamorized myth of an industry?
    Because I don't think it has to be a myth, I think the culture is worth redeeming.

I think good entertainment and unabashed Americana is dying for a comeback and I want to help bring it and I want to make a nice living doing so.

God has gifted me with the opportunity and skills to pursue writing my own movies, time will tell if I succeed, but I refuse to be jaded by a cynical world and industry and if anything I need to stand out as different.

I am southern mannered and professional, respectful and patriotic in the work place, although I do not wear my politics on my sleeve, people sense I am different by how I conduct myself.

Which is important because I was raised to be an ambassador to my family, my country and to Christ, so I dutifully conduct myself appropriately so as to not dishonor any of the above and that is an important visual Hollywood and many other arenas need to witness.

So even if my personal ambitions fail, as they might, I will be content with the knowledge that my life has purpose and intention and if anything else working here is a sanctifying experience that reveals to me what i want to be and what I do not.

My rebukes of Hollywood are out of compassion and lament that they have come to what they are, because that is not how they always had been.

If to proclaim me archaic, old fashioned, stuck in the past, traditionalist, chivalrous, not pragmatic or multi-cultured is the banner I must be labeled with then I can take it; I know the accusations are false because unlike many in the post modern world I know what I beleive and why I believe it and do not toss with the changing winds of expedience and capriousness.