1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy crap shawn merriman is overrated

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by stealth, Dec 8, 2006.

1. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Watching NFL network and they are calling him the closest thing to the real LT??? He only makes play when teams are stupid enough to try to block him with a RB, I don't get why a guy like this is so hyped. HE IS A CHEATER too. Why would the morons in the media even compare him to LT? This isn't a merriman v ware thread at all, its about what the hell is wrong with people that say he is so great when a friggen RB is asked to block a 270 pound roid user?

2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

23,370 Messages
    2,549 Likes Received
    dont be bitter. His numbers are off the charts and he is a difference maker.

If san diego gets homefied and they are healthy I really cant see anyone beating them.

he makes their good Defense Outstanding. He plays downhill at all times.

San Diego has built a fantastic organization. Kudos to them. They have done it all through the draft and good coaching.

3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,945 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    He's a baller!!!!

4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,676 Messages
    2,763 Likes Received
    Took them long enough. What was it? 10 years of campo-era style football

5. scottsp

scottsp Well-Known Member

2,404 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Kudos to the NY Giants as well.

6. Robbieac

Robbieac Member

600 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No matter what kind of stats that he puts up, he will always be a no good CHEATER in my eyes. It sickens me how he gets such positive press.......:mad:

7. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

2,080 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Well, LT was a cokehead. Merriman's a roid user. I can see how you can make a comparison there... :)

But seriously, Merriman's a really good player, whether you hate him or not. And on that note, so is Ware.

8. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Uh, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. The guy can flat play football!

9. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sometimes when I read this forum I am amazed at the amount of pure stupidity that spews from some of the posters...

The guy is only good because he cheated by gaining a massive amount of muscle and strength from streroids versus how fast he is which is unatural. Anyone remember how much muscle mass he all of a sudden gained before the start of his rookie year? Why do some of you guys not realize this?

he is absoultly putrid in pass defense which means he is one dimentional on top of a fake.

10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,876 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    LT took substances that did nothing but hinder his performance.

Merriman has taken substances that have improved his performance.

And he's still nowhere close to being the impact player LT was.

11. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah that...

12. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,847 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Put Merriman in Dallas and everyone would be talking about we should have taken Ware. The other linebacker opposite Merriman, Shaun Phillips has 10 sacks as well. Its all about the conservative scheme Dallas runs.

13. es22

es22 Member

689 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Merriman is a stud. Let it be.

you dont have to take sides between Ware and Merriman. just appreciate their talents.

14. stealth

stealth Benched

4,882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he can't do crap all if he is against a real blocker all the sacks that cheat gets are against a friggin RB. Thats not talent thats a mismatch and a mismatch had made him the player most perceive him to be. The system he is in made him the player he is, nothing more. I am tired of hearing about him being the best in the league. He is nothing more than a situational player

15. ATurkishSeaOtter

ATurkishSeaOtter Member

180 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I think honestly it will take a good year of play from him from this point on to see how good of a player he is. Everything hes done up this point doesn't count imho since he had an edge up on everyone from using roids.

16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

6,559 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    it was approximately 30 pounds. In fact, I was concerned because I thought he was our guy and he all of a sudden looked fat and bloated. He went from 250 to 280 in a matter of a few months. Whatever the reason for the massive, instant weight gain was disturbing, because no reason would've been a good one.

17. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

2,879 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Whether or not coke hindered or helped in LT's case is debatable.

18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't hate

thanks to Jim Accorsi LOL

yep, thanks to good 'ole Jim, Shawne is terrorizing the AFC, not the NFC

19. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two out of three isn't bad.

LT was on cocaine. It is a stimulant of the central nervous system and creates a euphoric sensesation of happiness and increased energy.

Whether we like it or not, Merriman is playing at a really high level. The guy has missed four games, and is still among the leaders in sacks. One of the games he missed was against the Raiders, he had three sacks against them the first game. I'm glad we have Ware, but Merriman is a very good, very promising young player. He is not LT, but he is driving down the right street.

20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,876 Messages
    965 Likes Received
    Cocaine doesn't make you bigger, faster, stronger, or increase your "aggressiveness".

THe "stimulant" Merriman takes increases his performance more then any "stimulant" LT ever took.

ANd he still is nowhere near LT's level.