1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Honeymoon in Dallas

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by Denim Chicken, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    I’ve been a Boys fan since the late 80’s and am happy to say that I just purchased tickets for my first game. I'm getting married in September and my fiancée decided we should go to Dallas and see a game for our Honeymoon. Needless to say; I definitely am sure that I'm marrying the right woman. We well be flying from Norfolk, VA and going to the Monday night game against Carolina. Not a very interesting post, but I'm really excited and had to share. Look for me at the game; she’ll still be wearing her veil.
  2. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    In addition any tips or advise would be appreciated for a Texas novice. Especially, if it would be best to rent a car to get to the stadium from the hotel or take a taxi (staying in Dallas).
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,080 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    That is awesome man ...... congrats!
  4. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Thanks...Im really pumped.
  5. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You should rent a car, the DFW area is really spread out and our taxi system is lacking and very expensive, the fare for one ride could conceivably cover the cost of a rental. Congrats you must of found a heck of a Lady

:starspin
  6. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Thanks for the advice. I have heard that parking at the stadium is around $70 though. If thats the case I would think a taxi would have to be less expensive.
  7. Cowchick

Cowchick Member

104 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I was watching the news and they interviewed a couple who were attending a Cowboys game during their honeymoon. Are you guys the couple I saw? Can't remember which channel it was.
  8. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    No, it wasn't us, haha, that would have been neat though.
  9. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    There is cheaper parking I Believe 70 bucks is Blue or primo level and a ride from Downtown Dallas to Arlington is gonna be in the range of about 50 bucks ONE WAY! I am just saying if you have ANY other plans while your here you'll be better off getting that rental

:starspin
  10. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Congrats. Should be a great experience.

I definitely think a rental for the weekend (or however long you are staying) will end up being a little cheaper, and probably a little easier to deal with.

Have fun and enjoy every minute of it. Building memories with loved ones is priceless.
  11. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Thanks for all the tips. I cant wait for this game; should be a great one. And the wedding too, of course, hehe.
  12. suspenceman

suspenceman Jerry's kid

121 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Luckiest man in the world. But don't use a taxi, just rent the cheapest car possible. They have $20 parking and that way you can do a little tail gaiting if you want.

dallas and ft worth are about 30 miles from each other, so if you were staying in dallas and driving back and forth one round trip is gunna be over $100.

Have fun...i hope my future wife is as cool as yours!
  13. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

352 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Check with your hotel and see if it has shuttle service to the games. It's usually FREE and then tip the driver. This is the only way I have gone to games the last three years I have gone to Dallas. You can drink, don't have to worry about parking, and they drop you off pretty close.

Congrats on the wedding and the honeymoon! Way cool.
  14. Dave the Sicilian

Dave the Sicilian New Member

293 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great :)
    Glad for you.

Just come back from my honeymoon in Aussie...but AFL is not like NFL...
  15. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

449 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    In my experience it's much better to get a lift to the game some way.

As has been said, you can have a beer (or three :D), and not have to worry about getting home.

Last time we were over we got transport as part of a package, which meant we just stayed at the stadium for a couple of hours after the game.

Check with the hotel you are staying at, there's a pretty good chance that they will be able to sort you out something, especially if you tell them it's your honeymoon.
  16. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Sounds like a plan. I'll call the hotel and see what I can work out. Again, thanks for all the well-wishes and advice.