1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hostile re: FS Nate Ness

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what about this guy from your alma mater? he put up some great triangle numbers at his Pro Day:

4.46 40
    1.53 10-yard
    2.57 20
    17 reps
    36" vert
    10'03" broad-jump
    4.16 short-shuttle
    6.63 3-cone

care to shed some light?

I also noticed someone put them in their mock awhile back, maybe they too could shed some light?
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    thanks, joe

interesting that the Jags might be looking for him to replace Gerald Sensabaugh

a guy we signed, so he could be on our radar too
  4. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    right jerry,

i like nates attitude, desire to be one of the best,, he kinda reminds me of a young darren woodson with that determination, desire, heart

im not saying nate is a darren woodson, but the inner qualities are there to me
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,818 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    i had Nate in one of my first mocks....Someone brought him up and I gained favor in him.

you know, that Arizona defense was quite feisty this season. They win more games if they actually had a decent QB.

Ness is considered to be a UDFA at this moment according to draftscout.com and I would not be upset at all if the Cowboys drafted him in the 7th. I would be even more stoked if we were able to sign him as a UDFA.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,086 Messages
    3,070 Likes Received
    I like him a lot. He reminds me a bit of Darren Sharper in that he always seems to be around the ball. Isn't as big a hitter as some Safeties, but he takes good angles. His cousin is former USC Safety Darnell Bing.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    cool thanks for the info Hostile; yeah i read the info on him in an article and posted awhile back the article. What I liked about him is that his fire, intensity and heart to play and be one of the best. And if you remember Darren Woodson came from arizona st. Whereas ness came from arizona, they always come up with feisty players on defense there.

Now days at safety you need a guy at safety that can cover, due to the offenses spreading out the defenses with 3 to 4 wide receivers sets. So, when i read the article, i thought ness might be such a sleeper at safety.