1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hosting site Go Daddy is down

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 10, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    GoDaddy websites down

Print | Comments (0) Posted by Joe Allen-Black September 10, 2012 02:25 PM

According to TechCrunch, many customers are reporting that web hosting giant GoDaddy is down -- taking out all kinds of websites with it.
    A Tweet from the official GoDaddy account said: "Status Alert: Hey, all. We're aware of the trouble people are having with our site. We're working on it."
    The company is also saying to users who Tweet at them: "We're aware of the issues people are experiencing and we're still working on it. Thanks for your patience."

Mashable is reporting that the security leader of Anonymous is taking responsibility.

http://www.boston.com/news/source/2012/09/godaddy_website.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed5
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Apparently Wayne is too busy watching Selena instead of doing his job.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    All my sites are up. Of course, I do not and would never do business with Go Daddy anyhow.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I used hostgator for a project I did for the state. Seemed to be a pretty good service and I don't remember having any trouble with them.
  5. WoodysGirl

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    Until today, I never had any issues with Go Daddy that affected my site's online presence.

I've had issues with wordpress and other apps that I host on it.

I let my clients dictate what hosting company they want to use.
  6. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I've heard of them, but never have used them. The last site I setup was with WebFaction. So far, they have been great. The main reason I went with them besides great reviews is they have default support for Django.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    We had all kinds of problems with HostGator...

We dropped them for ServInt... I would never use GoDaddy, but I will watch their Super Bowl commercials... ;)
  8. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    My issue is with the company itself and not necessarily with their service. I've heard complaints about their service, but I really don't know if any of it is true since I've never used them.

I can tell you that there are a lot of people that can't stand them though.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Never had a problem with them but at the same time it was just hosting a message board for the state that was rarely if ever used so it never got any major traffic. Major waste of money IMO but that is what they wanted.

Thankfully they finally followed my advice and decided not to keep paying for something that was not being used.
  10. WoodysGirl

67,137 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    I know alot of people can't stand them for whatever reason, but whenever I've had issues, their customer service has been Aces.

I imagine I might feel differently if I needed a high performing website or some such. But most of my sites are extremely basic and don't require alot of bandwidth to operate.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    WG likes them because she does some modeling for them on the side. :p: ;)
  12. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I can't say as I blame Wayne. Selena is HOT!
  13. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    :jackpot:
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I have used JustHost for the past year without any major issues. Customer service is great and resolved any of the few minor issues I had very quickly.
  15. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I have used godaddy, host gator, inmotion, host monster and rackspace. The best provider of them all is inmotion. Godaddy is your corporate hosting company who really doesn't care about their customer. Host Gator is dependable, but still a little bit too corporate.

I had a database issue with one of my sites and tech support from inmotion ended up fixing the issues no charge within an hour.
  16. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hostgator hey their building is not far from where I live. Anyways I will always hate Hostgator they use to have the most atrocious spy where back in the day that caused me so many headaches from braindead users at work. I can never ever forgive Host gator for that makes me want to run down there an punch someone in charge in the face and that was like 11 years ago.
  17. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Do it, do it, do it! :laugh2:
  18. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Apparently they are not having a problem with billing. Just received an email for a payment I can't log in to pay. :D
  19. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,338 Messages
    1,361 Likes Received
    if they come to me for advice, i do not put them on godaddy, esp if i have to maintain the site for them.
  20. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    Anonymous is claiming responsibility in retaliation for their support of SOPA.