1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How about Gaither for a First

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by UnoDallas, Mar 3, 2010.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If a team wants to pry offensive tackle Jared Gaither away from the Baltimore Ravens, it will take a first-round draft pick to do it.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Ravens tendered Gaither at the first-round level.

The Baltimore Sun had previously reported that the Ravens would probably tender Gaither at the first- and third-round level, but the team apparently decided not to go quite that far.

The Ravens acquired Gaither with a fifth-round pick in the 2007 supplemental draft. Gaither started 11 games in 2009.

Boy when he was Drafted I was screaming to get that big boy - I wanted him then for fifth - the stole him

don't thing I offer a first for him - tho he be better than getting some rookie - thats why I like Bushrod for a Backup at tackle only a 2nd rounder - an what NO has 3 OT
  2. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can only see Bushrod as a backup but I could see Gaither as a starter.

Edit - for comparison's sake,

Bushrod: 8 sacks allowed, 9 hits, 23 pressures
    Gaither : 4 sacks allowed, 2 hits, 6 pressures
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Agreed - but thats not a bad backup a guy that went to the SB
  4. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ProFootballFocus graded out Gaither much higher than Flozell Adams and Adams much higher than Bushrod. I don't know if I'd pony up for Gaither, but I know I wouldn't for Bushrod.
  5. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received

is this from 2009? gaither only played 11 games last year due to a neck injury. but when you consider the cost of having to sign him dollar wise AND give up the 1 coming of a season ending neck injury? i wouldn't do it . plus no disrespect intended but i just think that Baltimore is primarily a running team first , screen pass team second..which helps skew things in terms of sacks and pressures. not saying gaither isn't a good young player , but personally i would pass at this time.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    How about we keep our pick and draft a LT?
  7. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,609 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Trading away draft picks and having to sign the player to a high salary is the way of the Redskins. Lets build through the draft thank you.
  8. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,132 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    That's crazy talk.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,946 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    I'd rather draft a tackle and take my chances there then take my chances with a guy coming off a neck injury.
  10. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How about you stop slobbering over picks like they are gold and think about getting a proven LT
  11. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And how bout you ceasing the slobbering over JAG's who'd require us giving up our top picks.

:D
  12. Cover 2

3,132 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    I honestly haven't seen much of Gaither, so I don't know what caliber of player he is, but if he's so good then why are they only tendering him as a 1st rounder?
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    How about you slobbering all over EVERY possible free agent and stop thinking we are playing Madden.

:madden:
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Dan Snyder is that you?
  15. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    First, the injury was in week 4 not a season ender. Second, aren't we going to be paying high dollar and a 1st for anyone we draft in the 1st?

I said I didn't know if I'd take Gaither either so no disrespect taken. I understand that Baltimore is a run first team, however considering that Flacco got sacked 36 times total (4 from Gaither), you'd have to say he did a pretty good job. Conversely, Brees was sacked 20 times (8 from Bushrod).
  16. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No thanks. I like proven NFL players.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So does Dan Snyder, Mr. Crocodile Shoes...
  18. dallasfaniac

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's something to consider, what with the Cowboys draft history of offensive linemen compared to their history of bringing in linemen other teams didn't think they needed anymore.
  19. Cover 2

3,132 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    (cough)Roy Williams(cough)
  20. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll pass... I'd rather draft a LT, this draft is really stacked.