1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How about Greg Williams as head coach if Jones decides to jettison Parcells.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NedK, Dec 20, 2005.

1. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    If Jerry "jettisons" BP it is his worst move since firing Jimmy Johnson. Worse than trading up for David Lafleuer, worse than giving up 2 firsts for Galloway, worse than any stupid thing he's done.

Parcells is here as long as he wants. Get used to it. He'll leave us in very good shape when he goes. We are going to be his final project.
  2. CalCBFan

CalCBFan Active Member

1,230 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I strongly disagree. We'll hve neither 3-4 nor 4-3 players. I'm not as taken w/ BP as everybody else on this site. I'd rather take a look at the Giants DC or the Eagles DC. Somewhere (this site??) I read that when BP is gone, Jerry is going to offer the job to Mike Holmgren, because they are very good friends, which was news to me...
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,230 Messages
    5,477 Likes Received
    Not at all.

It was pretty quick, but Buck mentioned that perhaps Williams could be the same since Bill flunked in Cleveland, just like he did in Buffalo.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,040 Likes Received
    I expect Baltimore to fire Billick and hire Gregg Williams.
  5. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,230 Messages
    5,477 Likes Received
    And he would likely bring that same staff with him if he came to Dallas.

What made Bellichik different is that he had ties to a great many quality assistants from his days in Cleveland. Williams isn't even in the same universe.
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I think we should let Parcells coach another year or two...by then it may be possible to coax a guy like Charlie Weiss back into the pros as a HC. Otherwise, I'd go after an offensive minded coach who will bring in a QB friendly system.
  7. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received

We had our chance to sign Williams when he was available to be our DC but passed on him because we had the great Mike Zimmer. Yeah, well we see how well that has gone.

I don't know if Williams would make a good HC or not but he is an outstanding DC so at least our defense would know how to get after the QB.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,081 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    Double no.
  9. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,464 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    By the time BP finishes building his 3-4, we're going to have to bring in someone who can continue coaching it. I don't want to then have to transition back to the 4-3.

Personally, I think Zimmer will be here another 10 years....we need to find an offensive genius with a great system for young QBs, similar to NE and Charlie Weiss.
  10. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,772 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Agreed. He sucked in Buffalo.
  11. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    If Parcels stays with the 3-4 next year (a give me) then we should go find a aggressive experienced DC to coach it..Not that Zimmer is doing all that bad. Its just that Zimmer is trying to teach something that he is learning .....What about Don Capers as DC..He's all but gone from Houston.....
  12. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I thought this was already decided.

After Parcells is gone it's Jimmy Johnson all the way! :D
  13. Way 'nuff

Way 'nuff New Member

322 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As a Skins fan...I hope he doesn't leave.

For all you cowboy fans who are thinking about his first stint in buffalo, you act like some coaches can't get better. Look at Bellichick in cleveland when he was head coach and that stunt he pulled when the Jets hired him. All of a sudden, he's a hall of famer.

I think GW with the right pieces could make a good head coach.

Not only that, but he's been watching one of the best in the business for a couple years now, he has someone great to learn from.