1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Bad Will Garrett Be in 2013?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

427 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    If Jerry was smart, he would fire Garrett right now. Why waste another year with him? There are better coaches out there. It's time to change the culture in Dallas. Garrett will be fired next year anyway. He is not a good HC. If he remains in Dallas, another 8-8 year.
  2. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

713 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    You forgot Mike Tomlin and Tom Coughlin. Say what you will about them not making the playoffs this year, but they are very good coaches
  3. Luckenbach

Luckenbach Member

91 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe we'll never have the lead starting a 4th Quarter all year. Oh wait...
  4. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.....its 8-8 all over again
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,103 Messages
    3,117 Likes Received
    I like tacos.
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,504 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Never understood the Garrett hire, how do you expect a culture change to take place by empowering someone who was part of the problem? The players are too comfortable with Garrett, been saying it since he got hired. There's no fear in that locker room, and we won't turn things around until Jerry brings in a real head coach to change that.
  7. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,779 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    Romo will get you about 7-9 or 8-8 and missed playoffs. If your looking for a HC who will look the part (winning and looking in control) your gonna have to get different starting QB.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I agree with that. A coach like Cowher or Gruden would have an entirely different effect on the atmosphere and culture. These players fear no one. I don't want to scare the daylights out of them. But they fear no one, not even Jerruh. Romo believe he's a miracle from the 2010 season and Jerry's drunken youtube debacle, "Romo was a miracle". I don't want the players living in complete fear for their lives. But for Pete's sake, I am a fan. I demand they have some fear of, if not our perception, then their coaching staff's. I don't sense they fear Garrett. Hakuna Matata at Valley Ranch.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Red is going to be hte same. His playing calling will give up 2-3 games. His game management will give up 2-3 games.

8-8. Its like Dave Campo minus Seaworld. Jerry is a tool.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

If a "consultant" is hired to install "his" offense, then things could change.

However, if we are once again running Opie's offense, then 8-8 tops.
  11. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

Garrett has coached 40 regular season games and is basically .500

He also has been the OC for 6 seasons with "full autonomy" according to Jerry, and not only was year 6 the lowest offensive points scored during his tenure, we also only played with a lead only 23% of the time. That is 30th in the league, better than only KC and Oakland.

Add to that Jerry goes on the FAN and says our offense is not taking advantage of Romo's strenghts and is lacking in fundementals like blocking and tackling and that a "consultant" may need to be hired from the outside.

And you wonder why the fans think Garrett is a joke? All Jerry has done since the season has ended is throw Garrett under the bus at every opportunity.
  12. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

If you want the fans to predict playoffs, maybe the team should actually make them occassionaly.

The team goes .500 year in and year out and pedicting .500 for next season is "bashing the team" and "not being a Cowboys forum".

How bout this........WE ARE GOING UNDEFEATED!!!!

AM I A REAL COWBOYS FAN NOW???
  13. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

If there is nothing wrong with the play calling, why is Jerry going on the radio saying Romo is an assett and our offense is not built around maxamizing this assett?

Jerry basically is saying that Garrett's offense is "not Romo friendly" and basically blows. I guess Jerry didnt get the memo that nothing is wrong with the play calling.
  14. Beast_from_East

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received

I like tacos too, but watching Garrett blow games gives me indigestion.

Garrett better hope they expand the playoffs, virtually no chance Garrett will ever see them under the current format.
  15. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    OK, care to argue on these grounds in the next few hours? Because I have a little time to debate this if you'd like. The sheer numbers alone aren't in his favor, but good for him he still has some left, somewhere. People would love to have Romo To me, he's a little Marinoesque in his style. But he doesn't quite have the fear John Elway had. I want to see a coach that can make Romo take control and command his own future.

Only a coach like Cowher, Holmgren, Gruden and a few others are proven at doing this with quarterbacks time and time again. For me, it'd be a coin toss between Cowher and Gruden, leaning a tad bit moreso than Cowher. I'd love to have all 3 of them, for different reasons. A good argument could be made for all as to why they're better choices than Garrett. Aside from youth, Garrett has nothing on them.
  16. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't think his offense is the problem, per se. I think it lies in him calling the plays in a game situation and not knowing when to establish the run. That's the problem.
  17. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really nothing but semantics.. His offense blows plain and simple..
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,038 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received

Jerry did actually say that he thought there was nothing wrong with the scheme.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,038 Messages
    2,272 Likes Received
    I think he's always a step behind what the defenses are going to do and he also finds something that should work, it doesn't, but he remains stubborn until it works.

Also I will never figure out why he didn't give the no huddle more of a chance. All we did was get points when we switched to it.
  20. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Rofl ... ill put these in notepad on my desktop .. instant content.

:)