1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Bad Will Garrett Be in 2013?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,654 Messages
    973 Likes Received

This draft and FA should mostly be on addressing the "trenches" on both side of the ball.

That will take us to another level EVEN if all the same things "non-trench" related happen next year.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't understand why he didn't give the no huddle more of a chance either.
  3. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Right or not, I think it's a little creepy. No?
  4. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,286 Messages
    1,719 Likes Received
    Why? So that next year we can come up with new and exciting excuses as to why Romo can't get it done, why Garrett sucks, and why Jones should be expedited from the US and no longer allowed to come within 1000 miles of the Dallas Cowboys franchise?
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,849 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    CowboyMcCoy knows whats up.
  7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    More like depressing.

I don't fault anyone for their optimism. We're all fans. But at what point does reality set in? People had a problem with Garrett last year when he demonstrated that he struggled with doing head coach things as a head coach - which is kind of a big deal. We suffered through his OTJ training, the refrain was "he's only had a year. It's a process. Jason is getting his system fully in place, getting rid of overpriced underperforming vets, I believe you'll see results this year."

We saw no results. We were the same, or a little bit worse depending on your evaluation. The East blew. It was ours for the taking. Instead we saw a mediocre Washington team take it from us.

And people want to trot out the exact same platitudes from last season? Those platitudes were wrong then and they're wrong now. At some point you have to man up and admit you were wrong. Hopefully Jerry Jones does that soon.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,849 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Heck we brought in a "Offensive Coordinator" last year because of his playcalling.

This isn't something new.
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    A new "Offensive Coordinator" and offensive line coach.

A new secondary coach to replace the poodle. 50 million dollars and a top ten draft pick worth of new toys for him to play with.

Mike "Biggest Offseason Acquisition" Woicik.

The result?

We had one of the worst offensive lines and pass defenses in the NFL, and lost a huge portion of our starting lineup to injury.

God help the units Garrett decides to overhaul this offseason.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,699 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    :romothumbsup:
  11. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I guess I try. Mostly I've seen the writing on the wall since Garrett took Wade's position. I was somewhat of a Wade Phillips fan. I liked what he did when he first got here. We had some success with his coaching. Garrett is only the coach because Jones promised him a shot at coaching the Cowboys if he didn't go to Baltimore for the head coaching position there. He glared at Wade Phillips after the 7th loss. That was a good bit of T.V., but it never translated to squat on the field.

Since taking over for Wade, all he has done is provide lip service about what he's going to do--no actual doing. And if you can't tell he's green, you're not looking. Of course the players like him. Players love guys who talk a good game and provide no discipline. The problem with that is it doesn't translate to results on the field.

I was talking about the stalking and how it seems to reoccur with him

That's been my knock on him the whole time. A whole lot of talking [about processes] but the buck stops there. Oh, and nostalgia. Don't forget that. He played behind Aikman, so he must be good. Great logic.

At least we have time on our side. Letting Jason get over his failures this season and then letting him go is a lot cooler than just firing him as soon as it's done. But we don't have too much time.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,849 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    We're usually a year late when it comes to getting rid of aging players. I'm sure it will be no different with our coaching.