1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How did Doug Free decline so much?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmillman, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This is being very considerate! :laugh2:
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,135 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Yeah but your backup players can do some things well. Thats why they are in the Pro's. He's a terrible all around player and if you can't pass block in this league then you shouldn't be on the field.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,455 Messages
    1,115 Likes Received
    That was one sentence. :eek:
  4. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

469 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    shawn merriman II?? This is the only reason I can think of.
  5. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Free has really just fallen apart.

As I said in another thread, I think a lot of it has to do with lack of confidence. He signed that big deal and probably is falling apart from all the pressure at this point.

It's a shame, because I thought that position would be secured for years to come.
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,121 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    He was never very good to begin with. He only looked good in comparison to Colombo
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,726 Messages
    5,260 Likes Received
    Correct.

Can't admit you're wrong, so hey,...pretend he's mysteriously declined. Who could have seen it coming?
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,212 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    No, I honestly dont think he was juicing.

He never had great upper body strenght, even when he was playing good, it was his technique that he got by on. If he was juicing and then stopped, you would see a considerable drop in both strenght reaction time. SInce he never really was that strong, it leads me to belive that he was not juicing.

He also never was visibly bigger in the arms or chest, if he was on something like HGH, one of the first tells is increased muscle mass very quickly.

Of course you can never be 100% sure, there are several masking agents that can be used with HGH to minimize the visible affects. For his sake I hope Free never gets involved with any of this stuff, you can really mess your heart up if you dont know what you are doing.
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well I will say, the excuse has been given that Callahan has made him less aggressive cause of the change in style, so it has hurt his play this year. Problem is, Free sucked last year too and all we are hearing is another excuse this year.

Sooner or later we have to realize that he really does suck and move on, but I'm still curious to see if the 2nd half of the last game will carry over into the next game.