1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How expensive do you think Osi will be?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by anava, Jan 10, 2013.

1. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,542 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    How expensive do you think Osi will be? I know he wants out of NY and I am not sure if he is a FA but since we are going back to the 4-3, worth exploring?
  2. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    Who cares. He's washed up. Dude absolutely sucked this year. We need to get younger not older. Someone forgot to tell Jerry, though. We're going to sign a D coordinator that's going to need a life alert bracelet just to attend camp.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I swear sometimes I wonder if people even AT LEAST look up stats before starting threads.

Osi has been average at best for a couple of years now.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Osi paired with Demarcus Ware would be scary but Osi is like 31 (32 after the season starts) so how much are you willing to pay him???

I think Spencer would be a better option though... Younger too.
  5. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,311 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    If I were to take a chance on a Giant DE, he wouldn't be the one. Talk is that they may part ways with Tuck, who is an all around better player. Osi will probably still try to command a massive contract while he's been in steady decline for the last few years.
  6. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I would not be against this.. You will get him at a cheap price & he can still create pressure on the edge. I really doubt we can afford to keep Spencer, so I am definitely down for this move... We wouldn't be asking him to come in and be a star & he'd provide solid depth & can get to the QB. His snaps have been limited the last couple of years & really wasn't given much of a chance to be an every down player, which I am sure that would be the case here as well.. I believe he is motivated & would come in and prove he can get the job done. Plus he already has a great relationship with Demarcus & I am sure those guys would really bounce ideas off each other & find ways to get to the QB
  7. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

826 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Isn't Pierre-Paul even better?
  8. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,542 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    So you are saying he would be a good fit then?
  9. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    If you're gonna bring in an aging defensive end/pass rusher...it better be Dwight Freeney.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Pierre Paul had an uncanny 2011 and a solid year this year. Tuck however plays a better all around game, vs. the run and pass, only problem is he's openly hated on us so I doubt Jerry takes a look.
  11. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,311 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    He's a scumbag, I'm sure that video of him punking Amukamara is just the tip of the iceberg for him.
  12. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea because we know the story leading up to that, its just a video out of context
  13. Crash Override

Crash Override Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only time Osi would be on the field would be when Ware is off it in base defense. Of former Giants, I would be more interested in Kenny Phillips if you can get him cheaply.
  14. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    Wow. No to tuck or osi. And for the record Pierre Paul is five times the player of both of them.

Osi is a 1 down player who is older than ware, injury prone and washed up.
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,763 Messages
    5,165 Likes Received
    heck no. i dont want that finesse diva anywhere near this locker room.