1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

How good/bad is this team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ClarenceDarrow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. ClarenceDarrow

ClarenceDarrow Member

44 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The three teams that Dallas has defeated are a combined 4-13. The three teams that have defeated Dallas are a combined 15-3. They're 1-1 against teams with 3-3 records.

They haven't been blown out yet, and the San Diego game was a bit closer than the score indicates, I'd say. They've blown out a 3-3 team at home and put up 30+ on two awful teams.

Are they a good team which has been beaten be Really Good teams, or a mediocre team that has taken care of the scrubs they've faced? I'd say their performance against Denver indicates the former. Also, two of their losses were on the road. What is this team?
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,453 Messages
    1,414 Likes Received
    Average for now but, unlike the last few years, the arrow is pointing up. ;)
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,845 Messages
    2,798 Likes Received
    I agree. Average. Like most of the NFL.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,213 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I still can't answer those questions. They never look like the same team two weeks in a row.......for quite some time now.
    REDVOLUTION likes this.
  5. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,665 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    I think we are a 10 win, second round playoff kind of team with some good, young players.
  6. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,930 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    A team whose three wins came against NYG, STL, and Wash...4 wins [4-14] between the three. Unless the Rams climb above .500 there are no wins against quality opponents [teams with winning records]. That said, the Cowboys can finish anywhere between 7-9 and 11-5 but it might be closer to the former than the latter.
  7. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,571 Messages
    1,694 Likes Received
    We are in the mix with about 15-20 other teams. We aren't really good, but we aren't really bad either. On a good week, we can look really good. On a bad week, well......

Luckily, we are in a bad division, which gives us a chance for the playoffs if we can beat our division rivals.
  8. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,396 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    Right now we┬┤re neither good or bad, sadly just mediocre, just like the last 15 years.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I honestly think we're a 5-1 team that happens to be 3-3, if that makes any sense.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

37,355 Messages
    3,495 Likes Received
    Defensively, we will have a hard time matching up with any team that is really good offensively. Defensively, I don't care how good you are, you better have a team that can put up 35-38 points or more because we can do that against anybody right now, IMO. If we can stay healthy along our OL, we can win against anybody on any given day but we are probably one injury away from struggling to score 21-24.

We go as far as the OL takes us.
  11. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

14,395 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    After these two last games I half rarely seen such a offensive machina.
    After these two last games I half rarely seen such a bad defense. But of the two I am now a fan of the defense because of their heart.
  12. ClarenceDarrow

ClarenceDarrow Member

44 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Against the Redskins, the offense was kind of meh and the defense looked Really Good. I think the O-line struggled to protect Romo a bit, but that may have been more about Randle being a big dropoff from Murray. I think the last two games are actually very contrasting: put up major points against a bad defense but wilted against a great offense, then performed alright against a decent defense and stopped a bad offense.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

16,482 Messages
    3,639 Likes Received
    And if we lose Sunday and drop out of first place in the worst division in football..............will the arrow still be pointing up?
  14. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

6,453 Messages
    1,414 Likes Received
    Absolutely!
  15. Beast_from_East

16,482 Messages
    3,639 Likes Received
    I think we are a 3-3 team that happens to be 3-3.

Like a HOF head coach once said, "you are what your record says you are".

There are no moral victories in the NFL and no, we are not a 5-1 team because we couldnt make the plays to win those games. That is what separates actual 5-1 teams from pretend 5-1 teams............they actually make the plays to win games, not talk about how they should be this or should be that.

You either are good enough to make the plays to win the game or you are not. There is no such thing as a 3-3 team that is actually a 5-1 team because if they were actually a 5-1 team they would have made the plays that 5-1 teams make. Not talk about hypothetical victories that never happened.
  16. Beast_from_East

16,482 Messages
    3,639 Likes Received
    I have a feeling the majority of Cowboynation will feel very differently than you do.

At some point you actually have to start winning games, standing in a straight line for the national anthem only goes so far.
  17. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,429 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Inconsistency=Bad coaching
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

37,355 Messages
    3,495 Likes Received
    Could also have been the fact that the Redskins actually do have a pretty decent front 7. They have Bowen, a guy who knows our offense, Cofield, a guy who has played against us for 8 seasons and then Kerrigan, Fletcher and Orakpo filling LB spots.

Washington's problem is that RG3 can't sustain drives and it allows teams to have too many shots at their defense IMO.
  19. Jakethesnake3

Jakethesnake3 Member

73 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Only a handful of teams (5) have a real shot at beating anyone in the league, and the Cowboys are one of them. Now if they show up and get it done is another story.
  20. iamliko22

iamliko22 Member

48 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Good enough to beat anybody... And bad enough to lose to anybody....

It's something i've gotten used to after all these years...