1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How good/bad is this team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ClarenceDarrow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,419 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    They are 8-8
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,213 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    Average over the last 38 games.
  3. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    My fantasy team is 5-1. And i feel this cowboys team can be almost that good.

No reason they cant go to the playoffs and MAYBE surprise a team.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,809 Messages
    3,302 Likes Received
    Ask me again in 3 or 4 weeks.

:D
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,906 Messages
    4,738 Likes Received
    We can hang with all but 2 teams in the NFC. We can also lose to 5-6 of them where it'd be a toss-up. That's parity for you.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,213 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    Parity gets a lot of play but at some point being average for years on end flies in the face of parity because parity says you should probably have at least one break out year.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,839 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    We did.. 2007.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    This.

They are not average.

They are Jekyll and Hyde.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,390 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    How good or bad is this team? I don't think they even know at this point. I think much will depend on the defense. Guys are still adjusting to this defense and trying to overcome some injuries along the DL. Myself I think this defense is going to improve a lot over the 2nd half of the season.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received

You are what your record says you are.
  11. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,857 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    Too early to tell yet. As of now we still look like an 8-8 team. Our O is in and out and out d was better for sure last year than this year so far.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,906 Messages
    4,738 Likes Received
    At some point, yeah. But there are 32 teams in this league.
    The obvious goal is to outperform the rest of the league in terms of acquiring your talent. We haven't been able to do that for a long time. I think we're batting above our average at it right now in recent drafts, and it's one of the reasons I really like the current HC/regime. At some point, though, you're right, that has to bear fruit on the field.
  13. footballnflstyle

footballnflstyle Member

62 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    so are you saying if the redskins offense starts hitting its stride they would be a very tough out?
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Oh, if the Redskins RG3 somehow found a way to get right, they would be a tough out. I do believe that but I also believe that there is about 1 tenth of 1 percent chance that happens this year.

Even if he were to somehow find the grove late in the season, chances are, IMO, that it will be too late because that defense is not going to be able to hang in for that long. They are eventually going to get beat down and when that happens, it's over. RG3 and that offense, only work if they have a defense that can play good solid football. They are not a 35 point a game offense, even when RG3 is healthy and in order to win without a strong defense, that's what they would have to be able to do because that's what our team and others around the NFL can do.

JMO
  15. footballnflstyle

footballnflstyle Member

62 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i hear ya..i was shocked as how the skins slowed the cowboys offense down,if that defense can continue to play like that and RG3 gets his mojo back that would be scary..but i dont see RG3 getting back to his form this year..