1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How Good is Dwayne Harris?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    You guys think he'll be a solid staple in our offense next year? What are your thoughts on him?
  2. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    He's going to be a great reciever in the slot. My hope is thst he can replace Miles Austin eventually on the outside.
  3. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    He showed consistency and reliability on the field. He has lived up to his scouting report that said he had good hands and is productive. Honestly, I wouldn't sweat it too much if we released Austin and Harris started for us opposite Dez.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,413 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    I've always thought he was under used. I think he can be a beast on bubble screens, Percy Harvin type swings out of the backfield (yes I know he's not as fast), but he's a player.

Why we always wait to get these young guys in is beyond me. If the new PC can, I think we can explode.

Well that, and a new offensiveline. ;)
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    He is going to be a great threat in a Callahan run offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved around and thrown to often next year. The guy is a flat out beast.
  6. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't mind him on the outside some, moving Miles in the slot to create mismatches, et cetera. But I like him in the slot and would like another guy to stretch the field opposite Dez.
  7. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,804 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    I think he can be an 800 yard guy if he's featured in the offense
  8. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He did great in his limited role. Callahans WCO can only give him more opportunities. Gave more this season than Ogletree has ever.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I believe he's a guy who can line up in the backfield as well similar to what Green Bay did with Randall Cobb.
  10. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    He reminds of Davone Bess. He not only looks a lot like him (bc of the dreads) but he plays EXACTLY like the guy. He is perfect in the slot but I don't think he has the speed to play on the outside.
  11. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

723 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    He's a good player, no doubt. I just always get a crack out of his running style...looks like he is constantly falling over himself. Whatever works I guess.
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,035 Messages
    1,143 Likes Received
    Solid third receiver for a few years. Problematic if he needs to start every down.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,490 Messages
    2,372 Likes Received
    Harris is just a football player--the type of player that every team could use.
    Great effort and attitude. Almost always catches what is thrown to him. Battles for every inch he can get, yet can and has busted big plays in limited chances.
    He always seems to come up big for us when we most need it.
    Think of of some of those late game punt returns. And late in the year he had some huge catches...like the TD vs the skins and also the 2 pt conversion.
    He blocks really well too.
    Great teammate and asset, IMO.
  14. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received

Pretty much..Just a solid contributor.
  15. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

100% agree. He is a lot tougher to tackle than Bess, but that is exactly the role he can play for us.
  16. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Will probably have some nice highlights with an expanded role next year as a 3rd WR, if he stays healthy.

Has the upside to be one of the top 3rd WRs in the league, but at that point some will call for him to be a #2 where he would probably struggle.
  17. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    With all of the media hype surrounding on Beasley and Coale this offseason, Harris certainly flew under the radar. Harris has separated himself so far from the other back up receivers its not even funny. The thing I like about the kid is that he's stout for his size, he reminds me a bit of Steve Smith in Carolina. Although Steve Smith is 5'9ish he plays a lot bigger than his height and weight.

Harris is going to shine this year and I'm excited about his progression :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
  18. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    I'm interested in seeing more of him and less of Miles TBH.
  19. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    He's nothing special, but probably the #2 receiver on our team. That is pretty telling.
  20. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,128 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    He's a number 3 receiver and special teams player. He doesn't have the speed or size to line up against starting CB's.