1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

how good is Glenn

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Dec 12, 2005.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,302 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    it amazes me to see what Terry Glenn is capable of doing for this team when given the opprotunity, almost Steve Smith like, during the game yesterday i came to the conclusion that Terry Glenn was uncoverable, its amazing he has been in the league for so long, and can produce like he does. just exactly why did the Packers trade him to us? big props to Terry Glenn for a great game yesterday. :starspin
  2. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    uncoverable?

how many times has he dissapeared in games?

*looks at the denver game*
  3. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    hes coverable. If we cant run the ball, that flea flicker does not work. His success is predicated on the success of the team as a whole. But never underestimate the beauty of pure speed. When its working speed is deadly.
  4. TLW47

TLW47 New Member

603 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How important is Glenn? Remember when he got hurt last year and the team went completely into the toilet? He's real important!
  5. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,134 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    I think a definite #1 WR. He beat double coverage a couple of times last week against the Giants, even though Bledsoe missed him. He can beat single coverage all day long.

The problem is that all our other WR's only demand single coverage and that is why if Bledsoe does not use Witten and the RB's in checkdowns he will struggle.

He did that yesterday and thus the good game IMO .
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

20,483 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    Glenn is extremely dangerous. He simply needs time to get open because a lot of what he gives you come on deeper stuff or double moves. As the OL has broken down he becomes ineffective but when we have time the guy just makes plays. I still believe he and KJ are great together and if had Crayton making plays all year like h did early we would be seeing a much better offense weekly.
  7. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All I know is Glenn got me 33 points in fantasy football yesterday and advance me to the next round of the playoffs, heh.

He's a great #2, but honestly, the Boys are full of #2's. Hopefully we'll get a "real" #1 next year.
  8. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he's pretty freaking good. He's fast, he's quick, he has good hands, he blocks well, he doesn't whine....the only thing he's missing as a "#1" receiver is the over-inflated ego.
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

3,302 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    i was referring to yesterdays game, there were times in that game that the Chiefs couldnt cover him. one other thing about Glenn, is he not the best in getting his feet inbounds, he's unbelivable.
  10. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,662 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Glenn is a guy that if you coupled him with a true #1 guy like a Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, T.O., etc., would catch 80 balls for 1300 yards and 12 TDs. He's an absolute freak at catching the ball and getting his feet inbounds. When relied on as the #1 guy, he doesn't run enough different routes and good enough routes to get open ALL the time, but he's so explosive out of his cuts and quick that when single covered you can't hang with him.
  11. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,757 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Almost Steve Smith like?

If Glenn doesnt get injured he's top 5 WR every single year bottom line.
  12. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    steve smith>>terry glenn easily.
  13. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish he could do this more often. Not sure if its playcalling, drew, or glenn being double covered.
  14. DipChit

DipChit New Member

1,594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup.

What was the stat they mentioned during the game yesterday.. something about Glenn hadnt had a 3rd down catch resulting in a 1st down in like 5 games? Thats unacceptable no matter who all besides Glenn you might want to blame for it.
  15. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He's our playmaker...bottom line. We saw our O last season w/out him...uggg