1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

How good is Kendall Wright?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Chocolate Lab, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Every time I watch him I'm really impressed. He's not big, but he has really good, if not totally elite, speed. And he seems tough. He's by far the biggest WR threat on his team but he still produces. Hate comparing college players to great pros, but he's kind of like a poor man's Steve Smith to me.

Any thoughts?
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Who is Kendall Wright?
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,657 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Number 1 for Baylor.
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,779 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I like Wright as a slot receiver. He looks like a faster Dwayne Harris, a strong, compact receiver with almost a RB build.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    No more WRs in the draft, please.

I would consider QB, NT, ILB, OG/C and DB as legit needs in the draft. We don't need TE, WR, DE, OT or OLB (if we re-sign Spencer) so I would only take one if he represents extreme value after the 3rd round.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I really, really like Kendall Wright.

I don't necessarily see the Steve Smith (the Carolina Panther, I'm assuming...) from a physical standpoint. IMO, the guy he reminds me of is Greg Jennings from the Packers.

It will be interesting to see how Laurent Robinson performs as our no. 3 the rest of this season, but I would be ecstatic if we nabbed Wright to be our future #3 guy. Right now, I'm projecting Wright as a 2nd-4th round pick.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,990 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    If there is value when picked, sure.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    He's very good. Good speed and plays a lot bigger than his size. I've seen him make some amazing catches this year, he has the ability to make acrobatic catches. I think his stock will only rise from here on out though, he'll probably go 2nd or 3rd. In the 3rd round, I'd do it. I like him or either of the Arkansas WRs, Joe Adams/Jarius Wright in that part of the draft
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those are two other great names, and in particular Joe Adams whom I think has some Percy Harvin explosiveness in him. This draft should be loaded with talent at the WR position.